v for frequency?

Americans can make stuff? It's all made in China.

Surely the problem in each direction is equal? Shooting themselves in the metre as usual.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why get dressed if it's your own workshop?

Ah, another fool who doesn't grasp percentages.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I prefer a Tacluchnatagamuntoron

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The time can be Zulu, Zulu with an offset, or local. Zulu with an offset is the most useful.

Reply to
rbowman

That's E=hf in Scots universities.

Too similar with bad handwriting.

It is here. But I think it's a capital I.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I know it to be true. She's dopey in many ways.

Subtracting from zero gives you a negative number, it's not rocket science. Anyone can understand "my bank account has -£35 in it".

Minus and negative are the same thing.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Alledgedly we break a bone in our little toe 7 times a year. True enough I have stubbed it about that many times and it f****ng hurts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You have an absurdly low pain threshold. A central heating radiator is traditionally 70C, and the guide is "you should be able to touch it for 3-5 seconds before it's sore".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's stupid, so if Harry has loads of XL left, and is running out of L, what does he do?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

I only use cash at garage/yard/boot sales.

While I can pay to any mobile number, it isnt worth farting around convincing the seller that its as good as cash when there is a queue of those waiting to pay for what they want.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Returns the unsold merchandise for credit. Think about it. At least back then they weren't 3D printing shirts on demand. The entire lot of the particular shirt was a normal distribution of sizes. There were no more Ls. Maybe Tim the Tailor in Fat City could make use of the XLs.

Reply to
rbowman

You're in denial that John's pain threshold is typical:

44 °C is the temperature at which damage starts. Touching a high temperature surface under 80 °C causes a reflex response where little or damage is caused.
You can be in denial of these simple facts, but facts they are and your claims are short of the mark, as per usual.
Reply to
Fredxx

Bullshit.

The first one isnt a fact, simple or otherwise

Not with the first one.

Reply to
Rod Speed

He's just here for emotional conflict. Numbers don't matter.

I had a medical scare recently. I had a bunch of red spots appear on my arms. Googling suggested metastasized melanomas or cherry angiomas. But they slowly changed color to brownish, which those don't do. A week later, a fresh batch cropped up.

We figured it out. I was frying things in canola oil in a shallow pan, pot stickers and then crab cakes. I didn't much notice the hot oil spatters when they happened.

The cure is to use a deep pot which catches most of the splats. That does make things a little harder to flip.

I feel your pain. I use a simple stainless-steel spatter screen.

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

It's screwed up. In your second example, presently means now. "I am there now". But you can't say "I will be there now", you'd say soon. You can't say you will be then use a present tense word.

And WTF is a furrier? Is that when your dog grows longer hair?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Americans are so stupid. Do you buy something for three thousand four hundred cents?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I will accept Zulu, I will accept GMT, but I absolutely point blank will not refer to UTC.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Don't like Froggies? The way Macron is mouthing off the next time France needs saving they should call someone who cares. The US might even go back to Freedom Fries.

Reply to
rbowman

What you have to realize is Massachusetts was settled by Brits. They don't call it New England for nothing. I lived there for a brief period. At the time you couldn't buy groceries on Sunday because it would piss god off or something. I could either drive to an adjoining state or go to Abe's Kosher Market. I don't care if some Jew administered the Last Rites to the cow; cow is cow. The pork selection sucked though. Abe had to close on Saturday but the normal grocery stores were open then.

Reply to
rbowman