U.S. Economic Myths

Not for the ineducable "lusers" here, but the plain truth of this pathetic situation:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Do you agree with the things he's saying?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Robert Reich "Three Myths 1. Consumer spending creates jobs, not investors or investment. 2. Government creates free markets 3. The size of government doesn't matter."

It's good to see Karl alive and well after all these years.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Greece looks to be a great place for a robust economy by these standards

Reply to
bulegoge

A highly productive former U.S cabinet secretary with world class expertise in government administration of economies with nearly half a century of serious practical experience? Nah, what does he know.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Ineducable luser #1.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

He's a world-class idiot. I bet he's never had a real job in his life.

Looks to me that over 90% of the US population is smarter than Robert Reich.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I everybody in Uganda got a credit card and started buying expensive dishwashers and watches, they'd be rich!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 3:09:29 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote :

You're hardly worth responding to, but that's not what he said. He said gov ernment is a necessary requirement for a free market, he did not say it was sufficient. Government regulation of free market is positively ANCIENT, es pecially as it relates to the most basic business dealing, the contract. Wi thout the regulation and especially enforcement, you would have pure chaos.

Ooops- there I go again being a wikipedia know-it-all.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

What sort of work do you do, Fred? Are you productive?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Certainly. The necessary functions of government are to keep the peace and maintain the roads.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yep, and proud of it. You'll never convince me that looting Peter to fund Paul benefits Peter, encourages net hard work, or even raises up Paul. We've got >fifty years' experience trying, fewer Peters, and more Pauls.

You'll not convince me that taxes on corporations are anything other than a regressive tax on the people who'd buy their products, vs: Reich's mythical untapped 'free' revenue source.

Etc.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

" By contrast, half have a great deal of confidence in the military." Looks like at least half the U.S. are idiots. See the documentary on Afghanstan, "This Is What Winning Looks Like", for something really pathetic.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 3:28:04 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

te:

overnment is a necessary requirement for a free market, he did not say it w as sufficient. Government regulation of free market is positively ANCIENT, especially as it relates to the most basic business dealing, the contract. Without the regulation and especially enforcement, you would have pure chao s.

Yes, agreed, but what Reich proposes in real life is micro-managing productivity to produce equal outcomes.

Nah, you're not a WPKIA. A little grumpy sometimes, that's all.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You don't know anything about government, probably iffy you could pass the citizenship test.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes, super-productive.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Exactly. Didn't hamburger-consumers' demands invent the iPod and the PC? And all that pent up demand sure has worked wonders in Mexico, Cuba, and now Venezuela--they're all rich!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Fred's right that government ensuring some sort of domestic tranquility and stability is essential to liberating free markets and prosperity.

That's why it's so destructive when the government itself is the greatest threat to people's life, liberty, and property, the very things we created it to protect.

You're far more likely to be stopped from doing what you want to do, or have your freedom, property, or both taken by the federal government, than by the local goofball crooks they pretend to protect you from. The feds are now in the affirmative business--as Reich proclaims--of taking from people with "too much," and redistributing the loot.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I design and manufacture electronics. What do you do?

Fans of Reich are people like you and Sloman, who haven't been productive in decades, or more likely never. Without a lot of redistribution, you'd have to actually get a job.