Re : Economy Myths

"A highly productive former U.S cabinet secretary with world class expertise in >government administration of economies with nearly half a century of serious >practical experience? Nah, what does he know. "

How to run the place into the ground. Seriously, look around you. Damnear every country is in debt.

People say not to apply regular economics to macroeconomics, but look at the situation. And the same kind of thinking that got us into this mess is not going to get us out of it. Simple :

"Why S&P Downgraded the US: U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000 Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000 New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000 National debt: $14,271,000,000,000 Recent [April] budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget: Annual family income: $21,700 Money the family spent: $38,200 New debt on the credit card: $16,500 Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710 Budget cuts: $385 "

I takes a hell of alot of education to remove the common sense it takes to see that the situation is unsustainable.

Reply to
jurb6006

And the new budget out of the Republican-controlled house cuts taxes and increases spending.

Reply to
Frank Miles

Yay! Let's elect more Democrats >:-} ...Jim Thompson

The country is run on thieves:

Look at this piece of work:

Look him up on wiki- he's still going strong in the corporate world and working for the Chinese too.

Society worships money here, so looks like they're getting what they deserve.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred