plain pins

Does anybody know of a source for plain metal pins? We need round, maybe 16 mil diameter, featureless, gold-plated brass or phosphor-bronze pins, a few tenths of an inch long. We could cut longer stuff.

Thanks,

John

If these guys don't have it then you don't really need it.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Would this work? Comes on a spool.

Martin Riddle

That would work... If I can get some here by Friday.

MWS has similar stuff, if I can get it.

Thanks

John

They have brass and bronze wire, but only down to 25 mil diameter. And it's not plated.

They have small piano wire, but I don't think it solders very well.

On the plus side, they do stock chicken wire.

John

Well, I just bought a MIG welder and am learning how to use it. It'll do

1/4" steel easily, so your 0.016" pins should be a breeze. Just let me know. It's been a while since I've been up to Fisherman's Wharf, and I'm yearning for some chowdah (although Pismo Beach is better for that).

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to
BobW

Rumor has it that most of it comes from a Cambell's can.

John

age

We have 20 mil copper-nickel alloy wire. They are for pin socket connectors and solder well with enough flux. If you send me your address, i can mail you some samples.

linnix at live dot com

Reply to
linnix

In gradual* school we use to crack open sub-D connectors and take the pins and plugs out for use as single wire connectors in low temperature probes. The pins and plugs were held in by little C- clips. The pins were nice phosphur bronze with a gold flash.

George H.

  • where you gradually decide you don't want to go to school anymore.
Reply to
George Herold

Mill-Max has pin strips for PCB use.

Digikey: ED2064-ND

.018 dia.

don

Reply to
don

2 mils too big!

John

Perhaps something in here will strike your fancy.

Hard to find stock, but Mill-Max is good about shipping off samples.

--
Mark
Reply to