Twilight for the fishes, we say goodby to our great Clown Loach.

It will also thank you. I used to put milk out for one that hung around my place. One day it brought me a mouse :) If not for travelling around to work and not knowing if it had an owner, I might have kept it. The previous tennants were Indian and bought rice by the barrel. I caught 21 mice the first night (lay down, almost asleep, "snap!" ) and 17 the next night. I kept tally on a door frame by the stove where I placed the trap - the painter pissed me off so I ran him off before he could finish.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Cats train humans to serve them. My Cat trained everyone who comes to the house to do what they are told.

How does a servant order the Master?

Almost a cruel as forcing people to live in a 5-story brownstone.

I do wonder how you could tell these dog walkers were Gay? Did they wear party hats?

Reply to
Clarence_A

A moving post, Win. Sorry for your loss. No possibility of a new partner for the survivor?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

A friend of mine came to NZ as a post-doc researcher from CA. She brought her cat with her (after quarantine) - it had been de-clawed, was 10 years old and had *NEVER* been outside. Now that is cruel.

About 2 months after getting its freedom, it started catching and devouring birds, sans claws. A determined cat. When she went back to the US the cat became an inside cat once more, and apparently was *not* happy about it.

When I used to live in the South End of Boston, I used to regularly see gay guys walking huge dogs - rotties etc - in the park near worcester square. How cruel, to keep a dog like that in a 5-storey brownstone.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Hello Win,

I am sorry to hear that. At least he must have had a fun life and 15 may just be their normal life span. But the grief will be there no matter what, it is also part of life.

When I think that our trusty lab dog, a Rottie mix, is now well over the hill it makes me sad as well. It really hit us when the vet sent the usual vaccination reminder and this time it stated senior dog.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello John,

That is interesting, especially if it can be corroborated over a large population from different blood lines. So far I have only read about growth hormones or something that determine a canine's life span. The most sad story is with St.Bernhards who often don't even get close to eight years. Maybe there is hope. Our Rottie still has a puppy face when compared to others. But he is a mix between Rottweiler, Queensland Healer and Australian Shepherd. Not many of those around for a comparison.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that Joerg wrote (in ) about 'Twilight for the fishes, we say goodby to our great Clown Loach.', on Mon, 4 Apr

2005:

I was talking to my younger boxer-breeding friend today, and she may have found something significant about their life-span in her extensive pedigree research.

She seems to have identified some genetic disposition either to a life-span around 10 years or one approaching 20 years. The data isn't properly analysed yet. From my limited experience of my older, and now departed, friend's dogs, I recall that those that died around 10 years old 'looked old', and the real old lady who reached 18 didn't look exceptionally decrepit.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Hello John,

ROFL!

Not really. His mom was a pure Rottweiler from Germany, complete with aristocratic papers and all. A most gentle dog. He and numerous others were the result of an unintended romantic encounter between her and a Healer/Shepherd mix. Strange thing is, our dog is the same size as a Rottweiler, same markings, except for a longer snout. All the others were black and white.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that Joerg wrote (in ) about 'Twilight for the fishes, we say goodby to our great Clown Loach.', on Mon, 4 Apr

2005:

Especially those having three parents. (;-)

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Not if you're Pee Wee Herman.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Out Rottie is now about 8, and starting to get joint troubles, which is not good news for any large breed. At the turn on the century, the Rottweiler was actually a lighter leggier dog, but subsequent 'breeding to type' has resulted in a dog that is really too heavy, and with a consequently shorter life. :(

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

I read in sci.electronics.design that Tony Williams wrote (in ) about 'Twilight for the fishes, we say goodby to our great Clown Loach.', on Tue, 5 Apr 2005:

Like stars.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

As a teenager I lived next door to the famous soprano opera singer late Leonie Rysanek, who had two beautiful Rottweilers. But the race is so overbred, the skull doesn't have enough space for the brain and many develop a tumor with age. Those dogs had to be killed after they attacked a couple of persons, even the mistress. Luckily the property had a high wall around it, I would have feared for our Dachshund and my small sister.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Thousands of people, mainly children, are killed by household dogs every year, and hundreds of thousands, mainly children, are badly injured.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

Do dogs go supernova on occasion then?

Reply to
Paul Burke

2 guys holding hands and kissing is usually a dead give-away. That, and the South End is (or at least was) known for its large gay population.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I'll bet there aren't as many children harmed by dogs as there are harmed by adults.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Yes. It can be heatstroke or a fatal epileptic condition.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Is a Queensland Healer anything like a Blue Healer? If so that's some mix! Yikes!

--
  Keith
Reply to

LOL :)