Looking for old Samsung LCD Display DataSheet

If they have 14 pins, they are almost certainly the same as those hitachi 44780 display controllers.

Here is a data sheet for the controller chip:

Easiest thing is to use a multimeter to test resistance between the pins and the edge connectors.

--
Regards,
   Robert Monsen

Hello... I came across some surplus 16 char by 1 line, LCD displays made by Samsung. I've had no luck finding a datasheet. Hopefully, someone may have an old data book and help me out. The Part # appears to be SMC-1610A and uses the SED1278F controller IC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:00:48 GMT, Jim Flanagan put finger to keyboard and composed:

You could probably determine the connector pinout by tracing the controller IC's data and control pins (D0-7, E, R/W, RS):

You may find that your display is similar to LCD modules based on Hitachi's HD44780 controller. If so, then pins 2-14 will probably be for data and control, pin 3 will be for contrast adjustment, and pins

1 & 2 will be the supply pins.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar