And you thought you had seen it all?

Get a capsule-shaped light bulb, paint the top silver, and epoxy it on a convenient flat part of your motherboard.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

So get a tube socket, glue it somewhere appropriate, and wire it to one of the spare drive connectors so you can energize the heater.

Hey, I wonder if someone engineered a surface-mount tube socket specifically for this application.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

mobo with tube amp:

New model from competition:

Jan Panteltje

There's one born every day !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'd consider it just for the looks of it, if it was cheap.

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep

Hello Jan,

If those big white thingies are electrolytics the fun may not last very long.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Nah, not the same for those of us who still remember the warm glow and appearance of a real tube.

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep
Or a rude error message,
See these simple words: "File not found."
Reply to
SioL

saw an Asus? board with one tube on it a couple of years ago.

How do you get stereo out of an EF86?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I really, sincerely doubt that.

Reply to
donstockbauer

The Aopen one has been around for a long time - at least a year. There should be a bunch of reviews on it. It does have a certain uniqueness about it. It kind of reminds me of an old, likely early 1970's Electrohome TV my parents owned - it had Toobz, transistors and IC's.

Reply to
Jeff L

Fuck off ;-)

Trust me, you haven't seen anything until you've looked at this guy in the dark. It's better than a wood fire with a warm cup of cocoa.

I bet those more intricate projects, tube clocks and computers for example, are utterly amazing to look at.

Tim

Tim Williams

Add a red LED.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Homebrew man, homebrew ;-)

Tim

Tim Williams

Maybe so.

I keep finding myself thinking those tube amps with accessible valves must surely fail the safety regs ! Pull a tube out and poke around and you could get a nasty shock.

Not to mention temperature. Nothing touchable should be more than 40C above ambient.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

So, what's Mom going to use to slice her bread on? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On a sunny day (Sat, 7 Jan 2006 02:01:43 -0600) it happened "Tim Williams" wrote in :

I like this one:

Guys in sci.physics will like it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Holy Crap!!!! =8-O

That's BOMB stuff!!!!!!!!!

I suppose they publish it so that nobody gets nailed for leaking it when Al Q start making their own bombs. ;-) Once you get the pluto, the rest is almost trivial, albeit if you build the bomb the trivially easy way, your life expectancy decreases dramatically. ;-P

Cheers! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

On a sunny day (Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:50:43 GMT) it happened Rich Grise wrote in :

Mom may complain about the solder in the carpet... But if you use the coil for this:

UN will convene.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nice to know I'm not alone in my Heath-Robinson methodology.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

I gather this is another of those notorious "high-end audio innovations" but since I don't speak the lingo, the joke's fallen flat. Can some kind soul give us English monoglots the gist of it?