laser hair removal, any ideas how to design it.

I have been experimenting with various designs.

For example I found information that diode 808 nm supposed to produce good results.

But does not seem to produce any results.

On other hand I have seen that commercial lasers in clinics use 660 nm.

I cannot find information what is the pulse made of.

here is short video on you tube

this is the kind of head I am trying to figure out, you can see short bright flash.

any ideas what kind od wave, duration, intensity.

Reply to
Tom

Eximer laser in uv range about 100kw.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Take a hike you snake oil, street corner idiot.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Cynosure (Nadaq:CYNO)based in Massachusetts uses

755-nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser.
maxfoo

Those kind of information I have been able to find already

What I am interested is the power, length of the pulse, frequency etc.

I am talking about technical data so I can work on my own design.

808 nm was supposed to be the perfect but it does not seem to be correct
Reply to
Tom

DOH! Do a patent search... pulsing said single laser at least two or more times through said optical delivery system at a wavelength in the range of 550 to 1200 nm, at a power level in the range of 1 to 20 Joules/cm2, at a pulse duration in the range of to 10 milliseconds, having a pulse delay in the range of 1 to 20 milliseconds, and having a beam diameter on the treatment area in the range of 4 to 50 millimeters.

Reply to
maxfoo

that's more helpful, knowing where to start

Reply to
Tom

I have heard that some clinics sends a HV pulse through the hair follicle. I don't know how true this is. But it might be worthwhile to research a bit.

Reply to
sky465nm

HV is not light. Laser or otherwise. Hair is NOT conductive.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

What about tin whiskers? Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The electronics is the easy part, it is the biophysics that gets complicated, one size does not fit all.

Some background on Alexandrite laser:

Fred Bloggs

I've heard of a rough beard, but geez!

Tim

Tim Williams

They call that "electrolysis", I think. They stick a little needle into the follicle next to the hair and zap it, killing the follicle.

Sounds excruciatingly painful.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A friend of mine has an electrolysis studio.

She stuck me with the needle and its not so bad.

Her equipment has control of the amount of charge involved, but she could crank it up if needed.

A single treatment will not kill the hair follicle, so a few treatments are required.

Google for electrolysis and you will find all kinds of equipment out there.

Google for laser hair removal and this is not a new idea.

Because of the potential of harm, a 510K will need to be filed and testing, testing, testing.

good luck, there are some big companies building this type of equipment.

You can better money giving the treatments then building the equipment.

donald

Reply to
donald