Transferring bits over FM ?

I will try to be brief.

I am just wondering where to post my question about creating small FM transceiver and receiver (separate) which would send / receive a couple bits of data.

Which newsgroup can help me?

Thanks

Reply to
Myraddin

Likely this one would. Doing data on an FM link is actually fairly simple. If the data rate is low, an existing radio and an FSK signal is an easy way to go.

Reply to
MooseFET

How long of a distance?

Reply to
EdV

If you want to make life easy, just buy an RF data link from Sparkfun Electronics

for about $14. I have used these. They work great and are very simple to interface to. I'm assuming, of course, that you aren't doing this to learn about RF circuit design.

BRW

Reply to
bennet

BTW - If you're interested, I have a circuit design that uses 8-bit shift registers and those RF data links to continuously transfer 8 discrete bits from one end (of the RF link) to the other. It's very cool - turn on the bit at one end and it comes out the other very quickly. Let me know. I could email the design to you.

BRW

Reply to
bennet

Thanks for the link! I want to learn, but first I want to try if the concept works. (RF Link - 2400bps - 418MHz sounds great !)

Oh. If only I could design such things ... :( I hope one day I will be able to be an electronics hobbyist like yourself.

Thanks for the information

P.S. Which group is better for this k> >>

Reply to
Myraddin

EdV wrote in news:1185210526.019815.167460 @o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

How many are a "couple" How cast are they going to change?

for just a two or three that won't change often, I'd gate an audio oscillator per bit, and use a tone detector at the other end.

For more than that, I'd serially send the bits over AFSK.

Reply to
Gary Tait