Any good electronics kits or intermediate hobbiests?

I'm looking for a company that builds kits for someone taking electronics courses to practice building and soldering circuits together. Heathkit used to do this but are there any new companies that have good projects to build?

Reply to
Robert Miller

If another person posts to this NG (or any other) spelling "hobbyist" as "hobbiest" I will possibly, in emulating the late Herr Hitler, do something very nasty indeed to some poor defenceless carpet.

Reply to
Paul Burke

In Australia we have Altronics, Jaycar, and Dick Smith who all produce kits for varying skill levels based on projects from Silicon Chip magazine and other sources.

Other countries would surely have hobby kit supplies as well.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Ramsey electronics.

Reply to
kell

Right in my own back yard...

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Well, they're superlative, don't you see:

Hobby, Hobbier, Hobbiest. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In our electronic courses we use Elencos AM/FM Radio Kit and Training Course (AMFM108K ) and Deluxe Full Function Digital Multimeter Kit (M2666K ). See

CS-sales
send them to Europe.

Peter Nyffeler ETH Physical Chemistry

Reply to
Peter Nyffeler

?cPath=47+extra.parts+Audio.Amplifier+include-*-PCB-*-Schematic-*-*-parts+Copyright+Copyright+Printable.Catalog+also.offered.as.PCB-Only.kits+NightFire+Power.Supply

When using a world-wide medium, it might benefit you to state your general location (especially since your provider makes an effort to strip out any geographic information).

JeffM