Transfer Circuit for Generator

Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:

1 Contactor: *120vac coil *2 N.O. 60amp contacts *2 N.O. 15amp contacts *2 N.C. 15amp contacts 1 Relay: *120vac coil *3 N.C. 15amp contacts 1 Relay: *240vac coil *1 N.O. 15amp coil 1 Capacitor *7.5UF, 370vac

I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think they know.

Reply to
Jon

Naaaah! We're just keeping a log of how many times you've been advised against this endeavor. When you finally destroy property, or worse yet, injure or kill someone, we can file an amicus brief with the court asserting the willfulness of your act.

As you well know I already traced your location and snail-mailed a complaint to your county management. They haven't responded. So I'll hold them culpable also when this thing (literally) blows up :-( ...Jim Thompson

Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in
       politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

Again, it doesn't meet any of the requirements for a transfer switch. None. You have no contacts between the load and the main power feed, which you MUST have.

Why are you so clueless and stubborn about this? We've told you over and over what is required, but you insist on creating Rube Goldburg contraptions that at best might never work and mostly are likely to fail and kill someone.

I'd strongly recommend you learn how a capacitor works in an AC circuit...

Reply to
PeterD

Y'know, if it's a troll it's being remarkably effective.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

I doubt it's a troll, but I don't see why people keep cutting this project down- it's interesting to see it evolve.

The new capacitor is fascinating.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

With most projects you ask "who could it hurt?" and if the answer isn't "no one" it's "the boob doing it".

But in this case you ask "who could it hurt?" and the answer is "some power company line man -- and he'll be dead".

Fascinating or not, I'm not going to give this guy _any_ encouragement.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

It absolutely is a troll. He's been told, multiple times, by multiple people, that ONLY listed transfer equipment may be used for this. Anything else is illegal and unsafe.

Because people who do not know the National Electrical Code requirements, and understand why those requirements are in place, may get sucked in to thinking this is an interesting "project". It is not a "project", it's a tradgedy looking for a place to happen. It's amazing what people may believe because they "saw it on the internet".

I hope that there is not some poor bastard out there that gets hurt by the bullshit Jon posted.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Well, as I understand it trolling is a crime of intent; if the guy really truly believes that what he's doing is a valid thing then it's not a troll per se. Only if he's sitting at his computer, giggling to himself about his absurdities being taken seriously, has he really created a canonical troll.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

The circuit was designed by God. It has NO need of evolution.

mike

Found in soc.religion.quaker:

HA. I NAILED IT TO THE CROSS.

with parts I ALREADY HAVE and wires ALREADY IN PLACE.

I can't believe myself that I'm all that good.

Thank you God for designing the circuit for me. I am much obliged. ============================================

Reply to
m II