Time to Upgrade ?:-}

x0100 has nought but .... x0110 has PE

So is it portable 32-bit? ...Jim Thompson

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:33:36 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Shouldn't you already know, smartass?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Saturday, 15 August 2015 00:04:43 UTC+10, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wr ote:

icks,

Not by people who know what they are doing. See "legacy designs" and "legac y designers".

People who go in for "incremental development" do keep on using 555s when o ther solutions work better and come out cheaper, but when design cost is th e biggest single element in the life-time expenditure on a device, things l ike the 555 do tend to survive for a very long time.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
I've never made that claim, but what may make you think that I have is
that I've provided lots (hundreds?) of easy solutions for querents'

Slowman's oscillator is still not working >:-} ...Jim Thompson

The simulations run fine.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The perfect example of jobs where you want to minimise design time, and haven't got any interest in providing the best possible solution, as opposed to one which can be relied on to work.

Particularly amongst people who can't be bothered to find anything better.

Buggy whips stopped being manufactured when there weren't any more horses to use them on. The 555 works - it's just that it isn't as cheap, as small or as efficient as the alternatives - rather like the US constitution.

"Usually" means "pretty much all the time" but "easier" is definitely subjective, essentially depending on how lazy you are and how little pride you take in your work.

Or we could have a flint-knapping competition ... the fact that you can use the 555 in lots of applications isn't a good argument for using it in most.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I think it is, SWcadIV.exe has PE moved a few bytes too, I'm not all that familiar with the headers but PE is the Signature for the portable exe just as the MZ at the begining is the Signature for DOS.

You can always run XP mode, in MS virtual Machine.

Martin Riddle

Easy there chap, your dealing with a master.

Martin Riddle

DecadentLoser and ReallyFool are killfiled... don't feed the trolls. ...Jim Thompson

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:08:38 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

snipped retarded attempt at acting as if you know what modern designers do. You do not, SlowBoy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:53:42 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Crickets and bullfrogs started singing.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:28:21 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

Post examples, retarded twit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 21:50:43 -0400, Martin Riddle Gave us:

One who never seems to know shit from shinola, chap.

A circus flea like SlowBoy has him beat.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

In your slightly-less-than-authoritative opinion.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 21:25:07 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

I know exactly what I am talking about. Just like with the Litz wire at 3kHz reference. Whereas you haven't the first clue, googletard, SlowBoy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Only a retarded twit would need them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Saturday, 15 August 2015 14:24:45 UTC+10, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wr ote:

You should know that P G Wodehouse was once labelled "the performing flea" of English literature, a title that he liked so much that he published a bo ok of letters under that title.

You do seem to share my opinion of Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson, whose opinions on any subject other than integrated circuit design aren't u p to much. Sadly, the rest of your opinions aren't all that well-grounded, and you probably distrust Jim's judgement for reasons that might not stand up to critical examination.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Saturday, 15 August 2015 14:31:01 UTC+10, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wr ote:

We are all well-aware of what you think you know.

Where you think that Teachspin's earth field nuclear magnetic resonance mea suring gear is being sold to the mining industry to measure ground conducti vity.

Try to get it into your head that the earth has a magnetic field of some 30 to 60 microTesla at the surface (less at the equator, more as you get clos er to the poles) and that the proton has a resonant frequency of some 1.3kH z to 2.6kHz in that range of magnetic fields. That's what George Herold's c oil was designed to probe - in teaching laboratories.

It may have reminded you of stuff that miners use, but you were wrong. Lear n to live with the fact, rather than spraying out implausible claims in a f utile attempt to wipe the egg from your face.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

??? bridged puts the virtual machine on rhe same network segment as the host machine with an individual IP addresses, you can use DHCP, autoconfiguration, or static allocation as you see fit. NAT hides it on a virtual LAN behiond the host's IP address.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to