So it's time for a vacation / holiday

My boss insists - last year he had to pay me an extra month pay because I didn't take vacation because he insisted I was 'required' at the office. That won't help him; I am still owed 15 days even after this minor holiday, and once more because he insisted I could not 'be away at critical times'. I love the effective christmas bonus ;)

To the joy of many, no doubt, I shall be completely webless for 10 days starting Friday afternoon, UK time. I am heading to the highlands, land of my youth (and completely frozen and barren at this time of year) in search of fine whisky.

Don't start a war without me !

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Hello Pete,

Whiskey? That would be way north. Anyhow, Slainte Mhath! Enjoy them find single malts up there. And the McEwan's Heavy with some Haggis.

Not even a little one?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hey sounds good, hope the midges are hibernating.

BTW does Genome need a break?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Not completely frozen (yet), nice and sunny today. Should that have been "completely legless for 10 days"?

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

So, let me see if I have this straight: Your early years were spent in a place where (one supposes) they spoke with a Scottish burr and moved to the American South where you developed a drawl then moved back across the pond.

Reply to
JeffM

Oh, I'm sure you'll find an internet cafe *somewhere* out there...

Old roommate of mine (from college days) went to Ireland a few years ago, and told me about the Unreal Tournaments they'd hold at the cafes... (Redeemer! Redeemer!)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Only if my wife decides to go shopping with my cousin's wife - then we'll head to the links and have a wee dram at the 19th hole.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

It's a long story ;)

The trail is roughly

Started as you assume Moved to east side of London (mixing cockney with a heavy burr is amusing to say the least) and then to a nice little place called Broadstairs. Spent 12 years looking at water and the occasional foreign port Moved to Saudi Arabia and learned Arabic (I was on the road a lot) Went to NZ and Oz for a while, then to USA - spent over 20 years in the south Moved back here 2 1/2 years ago

The reasons behind those various moves would make a novel that can never be written so as to protect the guilty ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Well, I suppose s.e.d. would atrophy and die if there wasn't at least a small flame war going on somewhere ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

It's not really cold yet. I was on the way to a customer Tuesday and it was quite 'bracing' but I got many a look from other drivers as I toodled down the A1 at 80 with my window down. Probably thinking 'Bloody fool' - they just don't breed 'em hardy anymore is all I can say ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I think Genome needs to be broken - is that close enough?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Sounds like he's already broken, and needs a fix. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi