TI, TPA6110A2, audio amplifier for PCM 1742

Hello Michael,

In those quaint little towns all you'd have to do is go to the local bakery and ask where the new guy lives that just moved here.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

arghh, 1M on a LM358 thats enough to sink the Titanic,despite the film, even the Amazing Jim Thompson

google super buffer maybe, W.Jung, a somewhat super dude in audio

zzztime in europe, bye

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

a high-voltage version, page 256, item W.

I will leave that to you Win.....:) but going back to Boki's well defined problem, hifi isnt a requirement, and surely massive xover distrtion reduces the SPL? (fat chance)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi All, I got a lot of noise after I connect to LM138 for my audio amplifier, does that because my min speaker power is too small ?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

After I connect a C to power supply, the noise dissaper ~

Reply to
Boki

I have two speakers, but only 1W,

Right now, I have to add one more capacitor about 330uF to filter out the poewr noise.

could you please advice?

thank you very much.

Best regards, Boki

Reply to
Boki

Joerg, you missed the smiley. :-)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Boki, isn't the venerable LM386 a better choice, since you have only 1 speaker. It will give 4 times the power and works well on unregulated voltage. With 4mA quiescent current it might be a bit high today though.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Got sidetracked (again)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

You probably had instability without some local decoupling.

Do you fully understand power supply decoupling ?

You'll need to be careful with a power amplifer about circulating currents in the ground traces to that can cause instability.

It's quite important that 'power ground' is returned separately to your psu from signal ground.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I assume he has 2 speakers since it's a stereo application.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Why.. ..could please advice what's the advantage?

BR/ Boki.

Reply to
Boki

After some electronic lecture study/review, I think I found the root cause :D

I think that is becasue decouping, am I right?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

I read in sci.electronics.design that Boki wrote (in ) about 'TI, TPA6110A2, audio amplifier for PCM 1742', on Mon, 3 Oct 2005:

Something that is better than something that isn't an advantage.

John Woodgate

So, are apples better than oranges? ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to