Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Hi All,

The audio source is from audio jack.

The design is to detect there is audio available ( playing or not
playing music )

Could you please advice ?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Boki.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Boki E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

Is there any product that already has this function ? Detect audio
available ( not by HW pin to detect the jack insert status ).

Best regards,
Boki.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Do you mean how to detect if a plug is in the socket ?

Graham

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:50:53 +0100, Eeyore

---
No, ya dopey bastard, he wants to know how to detect whether an
audio signal is present or not, Duh...

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

*When it's not playing* ya dopey bastard ?

Doo read what he said ffs.

Graham

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:31:51 +0100, Eeyore

---
Yeah.  When it's _not_ playing there won't be any output, but when
it _is_ playing, there will be.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

I don't think so. I have a very sensitive sneak detector. I think he's
just a bit short in the sense of humour department. I mean, I bet he
didn't laugh at all at your spat with Bill S over the 555. It doesn't
matter whether one or both of you intended it to be serious (incredible
as that may be), but to me it was very amusing.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Yes, many products have 'wake up on signal'. You amplify the input
signal with an op-amp (enough gain to get, say, 5 V r.m.s. of signal)
and rectify the op-amp output with a diode. What you do with the
resulting DC signal is up to you. You could light an LED, for example.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

"vox" circuit.

I thought initailly you wanted to differentiate between the various causes
of audio signals.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

I don't even understand the question ! How can you detect something that's not
there ( audio when not playing ) ? Why would you want / need to ? What do you
really mean ?

Graham

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Eeyore E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

When audio is not playing, so it is quiet.
When audio is playing, that is not quiet.

Why need to know? There is more than one audio source from audio jack
and other wireless device. : )

Best regards,
Boki.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:49:48 +0100, Eeyore

---
Now _there's_ a surprise!!!
---

---
Erm... You use a comparator to set a threshold to determine when it
_is_ playing and if that threshold isn't exceeded it _isn't_
Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

Boki writes in Chinese English. I don't know whether he HAS to or if
it's a Usenet persona. But you either learn to interpret what he writes,
or you IGNORE his posts. There is very little point in asking for
clarification.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

I'm normally quite good with them. I've decrypted several quite satisfactorily.

Graham

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:33:22 +0100, Eeyore

---
Or so you thought...

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

http://www.j-tron.com/product/Mini_VOX_-_Relay_Kit.html
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=VS1
http://www.mpja.com/directview.asp?product33%73+RB

The last one is the cheapest.

Ed

Re: Detect there is audio available from audio jack?

ehsjr E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

Thank you very much for information!

Best regards,
Boki.