I2S audio.

Hi All,

Some questions about I2S audio.

The I2S is PCM data, but seperate into 2 channels/blocks.

Do I2S need any init setup? ( ex: polling to get the target device's config...etc )

I have a look about phlips's I2S document, it didn't solve my question, could you please advice?

Don't know too much about I2S, any explanation is appreciated!

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

No.

It's about as simple as it gets to be honest. What exactly do you want to know ? Most devices that use it you just connect the relevant pins and it works.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

know ?

Um... I have to finish the firmware task. Due to I didn't get PCB yet, but I want to know what knowledge should I know first.

because I saw some setup API ( mono, 8000Khz...etc) about I2S.

Make sure there no need too much work.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

know ?

What devices are you using ? Where you need to specify things like sample rate and so on this may often be set using another 'control port' perhaps using I2C or SPI type protocol.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore