Which music is good for demo a media player?

Hi All, My boss is going to demo the mp3 player with mini speaker ( in fact, we have other new tech was bundled ).

He doesn't like the demo music ~ ( something like symphony ),

For demo mp3 music, how do you think ?

Please give me any comment you have.

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Who would you be demo-ing it to? Do you need to impress any particular audience? Are you demo-ing the speakers or the player functionality? I have found that some of the free new age style music fragments you can find on the Web (don't have the links handy, but they were easy to Google for) work better in most cases because the dynamic range does not have to be all that wide. That helps if you do not have time to setup everything perfect or you are demo-ing in a room that you know is not going to sound great no matter what you do. However, if the speaker's dynamic range is exactly what you are demo-ing, then you obviously can't go that route. I would have couple different fragments available so you can improvise.

What is the player you are talking about? I?m interested. Care to post a link?

-------------------------------------

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

Article posted with
Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive
http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup -
sci.electronics.design - 79758 messages and counting!
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

The theme from "Godzilla versus the Night Nurses".

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

First track on the Kim Waters "someone to love" CD is what I use to evaluate mp3 players and speakers. Has continuous high highs and bass basses. Pretty easy to tell what's missing. Not offensive to any particular music lover... If you want a subtle demo of bass, Rob Thomas' "all that I am" is a good one. But you won't hear ANY of the bass on a small speaker. Brian McKnight's "anytime" CD has some similar subtleties. mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.

perhaps?

ISTR they did a de mo CD for a technical conference as well... Red Hat perhaps. In any case that should give some hints for tech-savvy buyers.

Good idea. Also match teh music to what sounds good. Or perhaps 'the' hit of the moment is needed - people like the hit and forget that the quality is that of a portable...

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

Ask him what music he likes, then buy the CD, convert it to MP3.

Simple

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:HYfAAObno7cJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toccata_and_Fugue_in_D_Minor+through-its-numerous-appearances-*-*-in-popular-culture+a-work-*-test-an-organ+Phantom-of-the-Opera+zzz+Rollerball+the-films

JeffM

It is good but I guess it is too serious to demo...

especially, my boss don't like - symphony ... : )

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

"Skandalouz", by Tupac Shakur.

Reply to
mw

I think it is not bad : )

The tempo is not too fast to make customer serious, and feel a little relaxed. Thanks!

Best regards, Boki.

"mw" ???????:m3D9f.6572$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Boki

Ya, very simple way, but not suitable for my case ><

I think it is ok to discuss it here : ) because I got a lot of suggestions/comments, it is very good :D

Best regards, Boki.

"martin griffith" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Boki

I think for this product, the dynamic range will not be a major issue.

haha, no link yet, and I think it will has no link in future either. sorry : ) I can't do it yet.

"Dmitri(Cabl>

Reply to
Boki