Those stupid delay dome lights in vehicles

to find crime, terrorists, intelligence info & give them legal & political power over people. All governments like those things. So it's not surprisi ng that mobile phone operators are legally required to grant governments ac cess to the data streams. And it would surprise me if available vehicle dat a streams were not subject to much the same law.

criminal, which plainly is not what's going on in this case.

to provide access is a technological issue, not a legal one. In the old da ys when the only digital voice was on microwave links (which are easy to ta p, btw) the government needed a warrant from the court and access to your w ire pair. As more and more of the voice network became digital this access became harder and harder to come by. The phone companies didn't want to s eem like they were helping to snoop on their customers, so they encouraged legislators to pass a law requiring carriers to provide access ports to the government. So in every switching center there is a closet where with a c ourt order a government person can get access to the phone calls covered by that order. This was simply required by the advance of technology.

er. Tesla runs into this often. They cooperate with the authorities, but not without legal protections.

I can only conclude you're talking about America

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

it's the legal definition. it's the dictionary definition.

that a poem uses a word inaccurately is irrelevant

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My dictionary includes both criminal and harmful act.

Which dictionary are you using?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Daytime ruining lights were in the mid to late 1990s.

Reply to
jurb6006

No, it certainly is not. See definition #2.

You're simply wrong. BTW, it's a song, in case you've been living on another planet for your whole life.

Reply to
krw

It can have a perfectly innocent meaning.

Webster's

Reply to
krw

It only criminal if you are acting as a government agent. As an ordinary person you are probably be breaking some other law(s), but the 4th Ammendment does not apply to you.

False.

--
     ?
Reply to

a : to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement

accused of conspiring to overthrow the government

conspired to monopolize and restrict trade

b : scheme

2 : to act in harmony toward a common end

Circumstances conspired to defeat his efforts.

? the sun and the wind conspired to make splinters out of solid wood. ?B. J. Oliphant

Then you will see that there is a negative effect to one party, in the very lease 'defeat' or 'making splinters out of solid wood' both have negative undertones.

Your link gives two further links:

Both of these feature a negative outcome, I accept the more widely accepted definition involving criminality is not the only one.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Since it was snipped...

In the meadow we can build a snowman And pretend that he is Parson Brown He'll say are you married We'll say no man But you can do the job When you're in town2

Later on We'll conspire ^^^^^^^^ As we dream by the fire To face unafraid The plans that we've made Walking in a winter wonderland

The example hints at that but the definition certainly does not.

The definition does not. You're certainly capable of remaining illiterate.

Reply to
krw

Not sure how one piece of work makes a definition.

The examples were chosen to emphasise its comtemporary use.

Resorting to name calling indicates a lost argument. One that isn't very significant. Why is this so important to you?

You could have simply said I agree to differ.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

You gave an example, I gave an example. Not a definition, except by negation.

I cant help the willfully illiterate.

You're simply wrong. Insisting you're right, when you aren't, just makes you willfully ignorant (stupid).

Reply to
krw

:

thing criminal,