Rubber dome switches

So I have to repair a Yamaha instrument that has its push switches worn out. The rubber dome switches are known as VE135700. Dimensions 10x10x4mm. About half of the 4mm height is the dome. I'm desparatly looking for replacements but no luck so far. I found one supplier but he only ships inside the States which is of no help as I am in Europe. Anyone has an idea where to find replacements? I looked at Farnell, Mouser, RS and other well known suppliers already but as I mentioned, no luck.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Googling "VE135700 switch" leads to the following thread

or

which suggests that at least in 2004, that part was available from

also has the phone number for Yamaha USA, +1 (714) 522 9011, 08:30 to

17:00 California time (GMT-7). (The original poster wanted to repair a WX-11 wind controller, if that helps.)

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Sorry, no idea about the switches. If all else fails however, having a supplier in the "wrong" country may still be better than nothing as you can arrange the shipment via a forwarding service. That's a company that lets you have a postal address in the country you need (basically their warehouse address + your name and some kind of ID number appended), receives the packages for you, and forwards the packages received to your real address overseas for a fee.

Forwarding companies are popular especially in countries with high-ish language and cultural barriers, like Japan, and allow foreign customers to pretend to sellers to have a local address, avoiding lots of "NO"s because of the sellers' unpreparedness to fill out customs documents in other languages and things like that. Usually such services charge a "per package" fee in addition to the shipping costs, but no fees for registration and no recurring fees just for "having the address".

The USA also seems to have their fair share of such companies, but since I have never used any of the US ones, no idea as to their reliability or trustworthiness. As always, buyer beware.

Regards, Dimitrij

Reply to
Dimitrij Klingbeil

Does it look like this ?