Thinking about going back to doing eng

Well, knock on wood, just today I got authorization from the boss to bill a client directly at the shop rate, rather than go through the company and share the wealth, so to speak. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I think he may have a point. Just the same, you get rich doing things you love.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Here is an example of why you dont want to do EE in Australia.

40k-55k. I wouldn't get out of bed for that.
Reply to
The Real Andy

40-55k AUD?

Perth, eh?

How's the engineering job situation over in Kiwiland (New Zealand)? Better there?

Why not make a killing repairing people's computers? That job can't be outsourced... unless FedEx and UPS drastically lower their overseas shipping rates... heh.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

But what is the cost of living in Perth?

...Jim Thompson

You probably should have posted this one in the aus.electronics group then...

Only the big questions like: Why? What do you want to gain knowledge-wise? What do you want to gain career-wise? What have you been working on up until now? What do you want to work on in the future?

I take it by "going back and finish" you mean you only partially completed it before?

You do *not* need an engineering degree to be successful in the electronics field in this country. You don't even need a degree to get graduate membership of the IEA if you are looking at that.

Tell us more...

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Not far off Sydney these days. Its still a rort. I would expect that money as a tech, not and engineer. And I still believe that the tech is getting rorted these days.

Reply to
The Real Andy