SMD prototyping kits?

I'm looking around for SMD component kits suitable for prototyping. So far the places I've found worth looking at are:

None of them have any transistor/diode kits or the like.

Anyone have any other suggestions? preferably a shop in australia, or at least one that delilvers to australia.

Mick.

--
Remove the -news from my email address.
http://mickworld.knobbits.org/

I guess I should elaborate on why I am looking for these. The price is right, generally - one of the chip resistor packs I'm looking at works out to about AU 1.4c per resistor, whereas if I buy them in reel snippets of

10 then it's AU 8c per resistor.

Yeah I know I'm not going to be using them all, but I'd much rather get all the common values in one go than get a pack of 10 of each value as i need it. Too much mucking around.

By the look of things I will have to follow your suggestion for anything besides resistors and caps, at least. I'm still hanging out for a decent 0603 resistor kit, at least.

Mick.

--
Remove the -news from my email address.
http://mickworld.knobbits.org/
Reply to
Michael (Micksa) Slade

'Design' your own kit based on your likely needs.

I've never found those ready-made kits to be very helpful.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear