Tesla rules! Again!

I haven't ascended Pike's Peak in weeks at least.

I drive over the Sierra Crest and the Audi works fine, except for posted speed limits. I can even leave the heater on.

Phil Hobbs snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

Nice job of ignoring the actual post content.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

And he cannot figure out that he gets a stream of insults because he constantly spews streams of insults.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

SUVs are made for hauling. A Tesla... decidedly is not.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Lasse Langwadt Christensen snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

When I lived in Denver we called it "Pike's Weak" because they charged like $8 a pop to drive to it back in the wearly '90s.

Mt Evans is higher and nobody there usually. Highest paved road in the nation. Drive right up to the peak.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Cursitor Doom snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your father going up your mother's ass was a short stint, yet it still produced the piece of shit now invading this group.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I never insult people over objective statements, even if I think they are wrong. It's a discussion group.

I sometimes poke fun at nasty fatheads. Why not?

One of the nice things about EVs is they get back a lot of the energy spent on the way up when they come back down.

I recall reading about a special huge truck that is an EV because it hauls rocks into a deep hole. The rocks more than make up for the losses so it starts with a full charge at the bottom on each trip.

Reply to
Rick C

Nothing subjective about that, eh?

Reply to
Rick C

I just lug around a gas engine in addition to the battery pack, works out OK in practice the car is still pretty quick (though not by Tesla standards) and in the Northeast where stuff is pretty close together ~60 miles of electric range is plenty most days.

Five years and 100k miles on two Volts and only out-of-pocket repair cost so far is a tail light bulb, $4.99 for two at Wal Mart. Oh and $800 for new tires for Volt #2 the stock "energy savers" are overpriced easy-to-puncture junk they don't hold up after a couple winters here.

The first gen Volt had its fly-by-wire system tuned by some US company (name escapes me) so when traction control etc. was switched off it was all really off.

Second gen's computer was tuned by Bosch, so it's like Airbus the stability and traction control is never really off when you hit the button it's only "off." In any case it's a base trim and not fitted with any of the sensors and other doo-dads that could make it self-driving even in theory, just a backup cam.

I'm a fan of having nine airbags though I don't relish taking some 1980s beater on the road with some of the psychopaths around here re-powered or not

Reply to
bitrex

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Good thing it wasn't hauling them *out* of the hole. Proof that there is no such animal as (practical work producing) perpetual motion. Planets, moons, solar systems, galaxies, Pulsars, etc. can spin 'forever' on the human scale of things but we need a small device. I should have a car that runs on an "engine" smaller than a V6 that runs for 13 decades on a gallon of water providing a clean, practically free energy source.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Why water, such a precious commodity? How about old tires? That's an energy source we should learn to harness!

Reply to
Rick C