Re: Damn those tiny parts and pc boards!

>The smallest board I've done is an adapter that solders onto an >existing SO-8 footprint. Up top, it has an ecl comparator, two >resistors, and a couple of diodes. It replaces the defective/defunct >MAX9690. > >John >

Just you just stick matching pads on the bottom of the board and have the whole mess reflow soldered or did you cut through plated holes at the edges or something like that?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Pics in abse. Our QC lady had the idea of routing halfway through the pth's, which worked great. This was a retrofit to about a hundred boards in the field. Maxim sampled us 3200 of the 9691 chips, to replace the failing 9690's.

John

Nice. I guess I think like your QC lady. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Maybe so, but having met both of you, she's a lot cuter.

John

Wouldn't take much.