Tesla rides again

Mr Teslas vision seems to have surfaced again, in a smaller form maybe. See

They're claiming a power capture of 60 watts at a distance of 2 metres from the source, there isn't much technical detail provided but they do state that the system's based on resonant coils, and operates at a frequency of 9 MHz. They also state that it's 'safe' (Mandy Rice-Davies springs to mind).

Any thoughts on this? Based on work I've done on underground communications using near field equipment, it doesn't look totally kosher to me. Unlike a microwave path, near fields can't be focussed to any degree AFAIAA, If there's 60 watts available at 2 metres, then there could be significant RF energy available around the source in many directions. Lower frequency than mobile phones, but tens of watts rather than milliwatts involved. And if the geometry is over a couple of metres, there would be a significant amount of RF radiation as well, the regulatory people may not be too impressed with one in every second home.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Have a look at the work of Konstantin Meyl on longitudinal waves (scalar waves) by using two Tesla coils (one transmiter and one receiver) . Year: 2003

I think he's a professor at some German University.

Also some work by Eric Dollard from years ago:

Be interesting to know if this new mob have patented the prior knowledge?

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan