NXP pulling out of the discrete through hole market?

The latest PCN from NXP I have received lists another obsolescence of a myriad of standard small discrete through-hole semi's and suggests SMT parts as their suggested replacement.

Are NXP pulling out of the small discrete through-hole semi market ? (Or are they just too expensive to compete ?)

Anyone know?

Reply to
RHRRC

Oops. I deleted the last one sans reading, had no time. Is there any link to that?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.