telescope

GPS? We (sinister cackle) laugh at GPS!

It's the last 50 feet that make the trouble. It's the 29-lane intersection of Mission, Otis, Van Ness, and 12th Street, and the last move involves a complex hairpin turn, in traffic, to our place, which is in the middle of a major bus stop.

John

I know that all to well. I ran for School Board in (IIRC) 1973. The students loved me, because I understood their needs. The general public only wanted baby-sitting at minimal cost. I finished sixth in a field of seven, only because the seventh candidate was certifiably insane ;-)

So I put my kids in private school.

(It also didn't help when the Teacher's Union found out I had accomplished the unaccomplishable and had a teacher fired quite a few years before.)

They won't vote for a union, unless there's dirty trick loading of the election.

Mitchell, Democrat of Arizona :-(

He's _history_ this next election. He got in by playing on his back-ground as teacher of _history_ in the local school district.

...Jim Thompson

Well, even speaking the simple truth got me 30th out of a field of 130 when I ran against das governator in '03. I think I even beat the stripper as memory serves.

Jim

Joerg, sorry if I got the gender wrong on die das der. jw

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Holy Christ what civil engineer designed THAT nightmare?

Jim

RST Engineering (jw)

Can you spot the three lighthouses? We'd like to do a fourth, maybe a big polycarb tube full of blue led's.

John

I was hoping the stripper would win.

Reply to
MooseFET

The

hen

as

He did.

Richard Henry

This would be an interesting issue to follow. If they manage to unionize the place and worsen the working conditions in doing so that would point a pretty thick finger at some dirty tricks. Keep us posted.

I only know unions from Germany. Here, when the unions negotiate something with the employers, the conditions are for all employees, not just the unionized ones. It's a system that both sides can rely on, and apart from the usual amount of corruption that comes with large organisations, no dirty tricks involved.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

So where is it? In the narrow triangle between Mission and Otis, or on 12th Street side of Otis?

Anyway, if it's in the middle of a bus stop, that's just were I'd get off the bus.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

he

ty

It's a common theme of neo-con polemic: when the people reject the Conservative ideal, they must have been duped or coerced.

Reply to
Richard Henry

12th street (north) side of Otis, 2nd building from the ghastly intersection, between the carpet store and the Ballet school. Lots of busses stop there, headed down Otis, which merges back into Mission. This used to be the Lotus Fortune Cookie factory.

With UPS and the internet, I think you can locate an electronics company anywhere.

John

Can't see the necessity of a nasty hairpin turn there, except if you come up Van Ness from the south and need to get into 12th in the other direction. It would be interesting, though, what a GPS would have to say to that.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Feh. A union is just a way to extort more money out of your employer than your services are actually worth.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria