PING: John Fields

Hey, John Fields, are you still with us ?:-} ...Jim Thompson

No reply, eh? :-/

-J

--
Remove breakfast from email address to reply.
Reply to

Nope. Has me concerned. We've both reached the age of sudden termination :-( ...Jim Thompson

Have you tried calling him on the phone?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The last post I see from him was on 10-16-14.

Has anyone followed up?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

His website at

doesn't work.

Bill Bowden

I'm hesitant to call... nothing worse than dealing with a widow on the telephone :-( ...Jim Thompson

The number 512-339-9020 works. A Woman answered the phone. She just said "H ello", not answered in a company name or anything. I said "Oops, sorry thin k I have the wrong number" and she replied "That's OK, take care of yoursel f, bye". I said "Bye".

As of ahout 9 PM Thursday. If he was dead, would she answer that phone ?

A quick obit check reveals a John T. Fields died on Sept 18th, but you want John B. Fields I assume. Plus that guy was born in 1953 or something, a sp ring chicken...

I kinda wonder sometimes how we would ever know who is dead on the internet . there is no notification system or anything. but then 100 years ago how w ould you know if a penpal died ? Maybe their family or someting would write you but some don't give a shit, and then maybe they died in a fire that bu rnt up all the letters...

And they didn't have the NSA or internet to tell them.

Reply to
jurb6006

I said "Oops, sorry think I have the wrong number" and she replied "That's OK, take care of yourself, bye". I said "Bye".

a spring chicken...

but then 100 years ago how would you know if a penpal died ? Maybe their family or someting would write you but some don't give a shit,

and then maybe they died in a fire that burnt up all the letters...

Practicing a little free association tonight? :-) Mikek

amdx

Maybe if you crossposted to .design you might find him.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

--
Yeah, thanks.  I just decided to get away from the noise for a
while.

Seems like it's not so bad here (seb) now, but sed is a disaster.
:-(
Reply to
John Fields

Naaaaah! Just learn to aggressively filter. Agent is nice, plus, with a little assistance from MacroExpress, shift-ctrl-s kills a subject thread forever... plus I have some gimmicks that kill intruding assholes faster than you can blink >:-} (And they, you who they are, never show on the thread again :-)

(I was literally afraid to call... I had one bad episode with a grieving widow on the telephone that seriously rattled me :-) ...Jim Thompson

ANd yet, the noise is here.

The odd thing about this thread is that it wasn't cross-posted.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Glad to see you. Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

--
Thanks! :-)
Reply to

I'm a little late to the 'welcome back' party, but I did fire up the read to check on this thread specifically. Glad you're alright John.

What's happening with the new website? :)