DISCRETE NMOS & PMOS, Low V, Low I

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS

The smallest VMOS types are the Supertex VN01 and VP01 and the ubiquitous 2n7000 2n7002 we know and love. But these are 500mA-capable parts, with non-trivial die size and capacitance. If you want really small size and low capacitance, you'll need to go to some of the discrete parts we discuss in AoE chapter 3. Or you can go to the discrete parts found in the old cd4007 ICs. Many of us are sad not to have good small MOSFETs to work with.

Reply to
Winfield

Or open one up and use a focused ion beam to mill off the bits you don't want. ;)

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs (Gearing up to do that with some of my antenna gizmos--wish me luck)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

same as the rest of us.

Jim

Reply to
JimW52

So you have no experience with such small device either?

You were SO helpful.

...Jim Thompson

There are lots of new JFETs with |Vp|

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I need them to be MOSfets.

...Jim Thompson

Why, what are you working on?

Reply to
Winfield

As usual, I can't say.

Which is terribly unfortunate for my image on this newsgroup :-(

Everyone defines me strictly by my political views, when I'm probably the busiest designer lurking here.

...Jim Thompson

I forgot to mention ALD's EPAD devices. Some are quite small, e.g. the ALD110902, a dual MOSFET with Ciss = 2.5pF, which is low for a discrete device.

Mouser has 'em for $1.80

Reply to
Winfield

or perhaps

or

MooseFET

You can probably safely say something in a general way, e.g., a battery-power piezo-sensor amplifier, etc.

It's your choice to trash other members on this newsgroup and regularly insult whole groups of people, just for the fun of it - your fun that is. Not funny, not appreciated!

Reply to
Winfield

Trying to find a _low_ current cascoding method that doesn't introduce cross-product distortion, yet has an effective beta --> very large.

But it's so much fun ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks! I'll look these up.

...Jim Thompson

CD4007?

John

Or these:

John

Yes, as Winfield said, fun for you, but deadly for your victims, when implemented by Blitzkrieg.

Personally, I find that most sane people around here can recognize an asshole when they see one, pardon my Minnesota Slang.

And it's not just you - the second member of your mutual admiration society seems to be Bill Sloman, followed closely by Michael, Keith, At least one of the Johns, and all manner of neocon interlopers and troublemakers.

Sure, you like freedom when _you've_ got it, but Freedom in general, like for people outside of the inner party circle, well, they don't deserve Freedom, because they (in your twisted view of the world) are only ignorant beasts of burden.

You wouldn't know real Liberty if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Have you asked your favorite foundries? Some will bond out sample devices for you, to kick the tires or to lash up something. For really good customers they might even be free. Usually they won't offer fancy packages such as SC75 but more likely SO-something and you can't be too picky about geometry.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Gee Rich, that's a gratuitious personal insult, at the level Jim Thompson aspires to - though his capacity for being rude falls well short of deadly.

I know you don't appreciate being written off as gullible because you've been suckered by the "The Global Warming Swindle", but I don't go out of my way drag your name into arguments in which you aren't involved, and I'd think better of you if you had the sense not to exhibit exactly the kind of bad behaviour you are complaining about.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

I actually started digging into my old archives, as I had researched this about 10 years ago at Hewlett Packard. The old silicon printheads used a FET array to fire the TIJ (thermal inkjet) resistors, which had very low Ciss and I had to find substitutes for a test instrument we designed which could simulate the printhead. After pulling up the old datasheet, it became apparent how far we've come. The ZVN4206A which we used (after much searching) boasted 100pf Ciss which was quite the kickass part at the time.

A quick search for "Ciss" on Digikey get's lots of options for you. They're down as low as 1.5pf now, Yikes!

Happy Hunting!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott