Synchronous Switchers

Only if done amateur-style. ...Jim Thompson

Jim, you've boasted about reporting me to the FBI as "dangerously anti-American" and gloated about finding out my street address becaise it meant that you knew where to send your hit men.

How's this for a deal. If you give up on the criminally psychopathic behaviour, I'll tone down the snarky.

You wouldn't know, since integrated circuit designs don't tackle those applications. I've certainly found them handy from time to time, and my low distortion sine wave oscillator is going to include a few when I finally get it soldered together.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Business and those personal attributes aren't exclusive, as your $139 book proves my point with? :-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

anti-American" and gloated about finding out my street address becaise it meant that you knew where to send your hit men.

I'll tone down the snarky.

applications. I've certainly found them handy from time to time, and my low distortion sine wave oscillator is going to include a few when I finally get it soldered together.

I can't withdraw the FBI report, but I can agree to tone it down.

I made such an agreement with John "NOLA white trash" Larkin but he promptly went back to manic-depressive.

Then there's "krw"... poor clueless little bastard... it's going to be so much fun cleaning his clock... he has no idea what damage a lawyer can do to pipsqueaks... by suing their employer >:-} ...Jim Thompson

You don't appear to have thought about that very deeply.

(Hint: Writing a technical book generally pays rather worse than picking lettuce or mowing lawns, per hour.)

I'm very grateful to the folks who have helped me, and I want to help others. That's a basic part of the human makeup, and doesn't make me special at all. Cultivating it makes everybody's life better, and burying it under a dunghill of cynicism makes everybody's life worse.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

--
Lucky Tim!
Reply to

voltage

sitting

copper

run, and

switcher

fields fall

to the

That's

those

--
One fortuitous day your posts will go the way of the dodo.

Sooner than later, hopefully.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Mine usually are.
Reply to

Or, sadly, it may be a PN substrate diode, also referred to as a "step recovery diode."

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Should I send you the entire drawing package, and my customer list?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

and,

magnetically induced

grounded SMB

tons of high

currents.

place,

rotate

There

with

So post it.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

induced

grounded SMB

high

currents.

rotate

Bwahahahahahaha! John "NOLA white trash" Larkin POST any FACT? Give me a break. ...Jim Thompson

induced

grounded SMB

high

currents.

rotate

I see no effects at all from rotating the scope loop at the signal end of the board. It's not magnetic there.

I already posted the spectrum. Very first post of the thread.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

induced

grounded SMB

high

currents.

rotate

I already posted a pic of the board, the noise spectrum, and the schematic of the power supply.

What in the world is wrong with you?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

FM

harmonic!).

into

10.7 Mhz IF

receivers

10.5
21st

Yikes. That's way more than FCC part 15 limits. Still haven't heard about how high the 21st harmonic was. Got any waveforms or SA plots to post?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Well, lots of reasons, you could ask that of any of the contributors here who actually work in electronics.

- because it's nice!

- often when I manage to post something I think is good, someone cleverer than me posts something better. So I learn something directly relevant to my field of expertise. Such as it is :)

- if you are a "consultant" type (or hope to be one day), you can demonstrate your abilities to prospective customers.

But that is all we are talking about here! Bits and pieces of circuits (SMPS section), inspiration, techniques, suggestions. We all "give this for free" all the time here.

And the "inspiration" is the most important thing sometimes, rather than some tedious fully worked out design of someone elses product. Though actually that would be interesting to see too, just to see how others do it all.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

That's a bit sloppy James. Only the best will do for my stuff.

Unfortunately I have only been able to afford the one unit, so circuit complexity is limited.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Cluelesss snipe, to be expected.

Reply to
krw

anti-American" and gloated about finding out my street address becaise it meant that you knew where to send your hit men.

behaviour, I'll tone down the snarky.

applications. I've certainly found them handy from time to time, and my low distortion sine wave oscillator is going to include a few when I finally get it soldered together.

Did you find your teeth yet?

Reply to
krw

anti-American" and gloated about finding out my street address becaise it meant that you knew where to send your hit men.

behaviour, I'll tone down the snarky.

applications. I've certainly found them handy from time to time, and my low distortion sine wave oscillator is going to include a few when I finally get it soldered together.

He threatens to beat us up, run us off the road, shoot us in tne knees, shoot us to kill, and, if none of that works, sic his lawyer on our employer.

He keeps posting the same nonsense over and over, and says nothing intelligible about electronics. He sounds like he's had a mini-stroke or something, some sort of dementia. I'd feel sorry for him, except that he's been a jerk all along.

For the record, I made no agreement to be friendly after he grossly insulted my wife. I called him "an asshole forever" and meant it.