Strange nfilter/NewsProxy Behavior

nfilter/NewsProxy will crash every time while trying to retrieve the body of this message...

Subject: Converting Excel 2007 Nested "If" Statement to Excel 2003: Overcom

Is there something there that nfilter/NewsProxy "sees" as code??

Weird.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

I posted the same subject and retrieved it successfully with nfilter/NewsProxy.

Can someone please retrieve this message...

snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com

and see if there's anything unusual about it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

It dawned on me that I can access via google, I got...

=IF(E33

Maybe this nfilter method is just too complicated ... ?

I simply use the filters in Thunderbird. Ok, that axes all google groupers, can't help it. But it reduces spam to about one a day. I can live with that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Come to think of it you say you are also blocking UAR and AIOE. I didn't yet I never see spam from there, at least nothing to write home about. Could it be that some providers (in my case AT&T) already hose that off their servers?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Turned out the message was all one extremely long line of Excel code, choking nfilter.

I white-list a number of "good-guy" googlegroup posters.

But eliminate some leftist/Euro-weenie pains-in-the-ass ;-)

I see NO spam.

...Jim Thompson

|        America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave         |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

I eliminate the "nothing to write home about" ones as well ;-)

...Jim Thompson