still need bunches of 1/4-40 nuts

We are crucially short of this item used to mount many of our eBay offerings.

No, this is not a misprint. 1/4-40 is an ultrafine nut used on submini switches and miniature phone jacks.

Pricing goal is two cents each in lots of 5000 to 50,000.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

try

for a bulk quote. IIRC they are about $0.20 per in 10 quantities.

Reply to
MooseFET

A quick search for "1/4-40 Nut" on

and the search dog dug up this bone:

No idea of price, but 50k quantity should perk up their ears. Otherwise, what about the manufacturers of the switches, phone jacks, and perhaps 1/4" shaft pots. Also, analog meters have extra fine nuts, although they might be 1/4-36.

Another bone to chew on is:

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

Already checked apem. Outrageous pricing.

awaiting pricing on others. half of them do not respond; others are totally out of line.

Thanks for your help.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

It's probably a safe bet that most of the ones who don't respond probably also can't come close to your desired pricing. :-)

Good luck on finding what you want at an acceptable price!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Have you tried a company called ABABA?

The Great Attractor

--
http://www.thomasnet.com/products/panel-nuts-54340450-1.html
Reply to

Was Sandy Yen over at Taiway Switch in Taiwan not able to help you?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Have you tried getting a quote from a local turning/precision workshop?

I used to get 4-40 Dtype stand offs made by this little UK firm

Surely there must be a small venture near you that could do it?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

From previous experience, cost would be $45 each.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Just this weekend I wanted to tap a hole for a panel-mount pot, which turns out to be a 5/16-32, another unusual size.

Have you tried contacting the switch/jack manufacturer to see if they know of a source or can supply the screws?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to
Ben Jackson

There are plenty of nuts on alt.usnet.kooks, but their threads are all stripped. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don, You might try Dan's Small Parts web site at

I think this is a one-man garage operation, but he has lots of unusual and hard to find items. The 1/4" nuts are at

1/4 SWITCH NUTS PRICE..BAG OF 100 FOR $1.50 Looks like he has a special deal on them right now, but he forgot to list the price LOL

His site is not professional at all, but it has a ton of stuff on it if you're willing to scroll and read. Great prices on almost everything he has listed.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM

Now shed a tear for diamond dick who was the only man with a corkscrew asdfasdf His lifetime ambition was a hunt to find a girl with a corkscrew adsfasdf He at last found one but near dropped dead She had a corkscres asdfasdf but a lefthand thread.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

hard

Many thanks for this lead.

It is astounding that this seems to be the only sane source for this product.

His cuneiform-on-clay-tablet terms are quaint to say the least.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Try calling Mouser, and if that does not "fit", then for 5K and up (the more the better) try Alloy Products, PO Box 3496, Laguna Hills CA

92654 (800) 714-0268; Anthony Grunauer. This info was current as of Mar 2003. It might be useful to have as detailed info as possible esp part make and number availble.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Have you tried Federal Screw Products or others that supply electronic hardware?

Reply to
rnscrs

You're one of them, kook.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Call Skip at Best West Fasteners 818-768-5650.

I've used him for fasteners for more than 20 years now, he's very knowledgeable and will go the extra mile to source whatever you want.

Reply to
Lukas Louw

Did you try this lead yet Don???

Jim