type of transistors

Hello, I'm looking for using an amp. in my circuit. I found that there are some types as:LNA,gain block and more... were can i find details on the difference between them. thanks

Reply to
yonni

No offense, but if you are asking such questions, you should be looking at a completed amplifier, not rolling your own.

Impedance, bandwidth, noise figure?

Reply to
miso

Start with a 6SN7.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Reply to
yonni

I'm not a RF expert, but here goes. LNA is a low noise amplifier, to be used with a weak signal. Gain blocks are used further down the chain. In a good design, you blow your noise budget at the front end. However, as you filter or mix, there are associated losses that need to be made up. You will need a power amp if you are going to transmit a signal.

It would be simpler if you stated what you are trying to accomplish, rather than ask general questions. If you want a RF pre-amp, check out

If you don't find one that covers your band of interest, Chip has more than are shown on the website. Those dual stage preamps he sells need some caution in their use since there is no power limiter on it. I use one with a 4:1 splitter, so no big deal, but directly into a radio will need to be carefully thought out. The problem is signal out of your band of interest may not be weak signal, and without input filtering, the dual stage could blow up the front end of some receivers.

looking

Reply to
miso

Don Lancaster wrote: > yonni wrote: > > Hello, > > I'm looking for using an amp. in my circuit. I found that there are > > some types as:LNA,gain block and more... > > were can i find details on the difference between them. > > thanks > >

Thanks Don ! A good laugh is always appreciated. Love those glass-FETS.

GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach