Slicone Tube With Clogged Nozzle

If the goo in the nozzle has set, but not the whole nozzle (i.e., there's still unset goo at the threads), then take the nozzle off the tube and push the cone through from the narrow end, with a stick.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sure - just hire Maxwell's Demon. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yup...I've gotten tubes that have the detachable nozzles and did the same thing. But..the tube I currently have doesn't have the unscrewable nozzle.. What a bummer :( D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

the stuff cures at about 2mm/day, cut the nozzle to 5-6mm diameter and once a week clear the nozzle: push the cured plug in a little way to unstick it, then squeeze up a little pressure till it domes out then pull it out with a corkscrew motion (while releasing the pressure)

should the nozzle become clogged replace it and/or pusk the plug in and out the back.

you could try aluminium tape, I think that gave me the most success

maybe wax, hot glue, or heat sealing the stuff in single-serving pvc sachets would work

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen

the neutral cure stuff is different.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen

remember that it is thixotropic and moisture absorbing.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

I've decided to try this... I have a tight fitting rubber automotive hose over the silicone nozzle.. The tube is plugged at the end with glue gun glue. And... I'm storing the silicone in the fridge. This is to slow down any cure. I was tempted to put a desiccant in the rubber hose as well..but I want to see if just better sealing and cooling will prevent a nozzle clog within a few months..

As suggested...I could go one step further and plug the nozzle with a a nail, rod or screw and then cap it with the rubber hose..That way, if does clog...pulling out the plug will create a flow path for the silicone. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Save all your Silica Gel bags. Bake them (to dry them out) and toss one in the plastic bag with the silicone tube.

Hit any user to continue.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

All the old tubes had a nice cap. Thoughtfull they deleted that. I have been inserting a large screw and keeping it in a cool place. I just found Home Depot sell caps for the non capable types. How thoughtfull.

greg

Reply to
GregS