wiper nozzle wiring?

Hi,

I bought lighted wiper nozzles for my car. Do I have to cut the head light wires or is there another way to not cut them. Also if I have to cut the wires, what's the best method for splicing them together, if its solder can you tell me of a website on how to solder wires.

Thanks, for all your help.

Reply to
js5895

Why the parking lights, even the instructions that came with them, say the parking lights, but I never use the parking lights so, I will never see them. I have the wiring diagram to my car and I know where both are.

Thanks.

Reply to
js5895

Are these what you mean?:

js5895

there are plastic wiring devices at automotive stores that will "tap" power from a wire .... it pushes a metal probe into the one with power and connects it to the one you want to provide power to. I'd choose the parking lites and not the headlights if you are going to use this method. Otherwise get a wiring diagram for you car and find out where power is provided when the lights are turned on and tap in there.

Reply to
JeB

In most vehicles, the parking lights are on when the headlights are on.

The reasons for using the parking light wire:

  1. it's physically smaller than the headlight wire and more likely to fit in a press-on "tap" connector

  1. If you do something wrong, you won;t kill the headlights.

Reply to
John

Understandable, Thanks, for all of your help.

Josh

Reply to
js5895