Sheet metal knockout punches

TTI-made-in-China Rigid-branded tools *are* effectively a Home Despot brand since they are (were?) made exclusively for them, so I'm afraid I have to disagree with your blanket statement.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Agreed, Makita is expensive, but no more so, at least here, than other pro grade tools. The irritating thing is that all the jap power tools seem to be good, + the fact we make nothing anywhere near approaching it in this country. Brit machine tools were sold all over the world and what have we now ?. Nothing, basically.

There are times when you buy cheap tools to get a job done because you're skint, but always on the understanding that it will most likely need to be replaced. Much more fun to buy quality, look after it and use it for a lifetime :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

:

step

to do

the

=A0Then,

over

de.

le

ork

ob

go.

No, this one is metal. It has a telescoping handle. A lot of times I'm digging out pine needles and cones beneath trees and rather use the short handle to get in close to the mess. The handle can be extended for normal raking. About $4 on sale.

I find their stores in socal much better equipped then norcal. Just an observation, nothing scientific. Often if I'm on 14 (or as they say in socal, "the 14"), I will hit the store in Lancaster. I'm told the Bakersfield store is big one too.

Reply to
miso

No they are certainly not. I interviewed with them[*] last year and they certainly will disagree, as well.

[*] I don't do layout so they weren't much interested.
Reply to
krw

Maybe it's different there, but here they're more expensive than others of the same quality. ...and there are plenty better.

But every cheap tool I've held onto far too long because it's even harder to buy one that really works if you have one that sorta works. It was years before I replaced my Crapsman circular saw even though it couldn't cut a straight line in butter. The fist time I used a Ryobi (what can I say, the wife bought it as a present) it was like night and day. Last year I replaced that with the Dewalt rear swivel. Again, it's like night and day.

Reply to
krw

That wouldn't help me, unless I was sitting on the ground. :(

They are in the process of redoing the layout in a lot of stores to display more product. The local store went through this a few months ago. They are also monitoring and dropping slower moving items. I was told that they are considering free shipping to a local store for items that are slow movers.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I don't think you understand. I did not say that TTI made *all* of Rigid's tools. I said they made "Rigid (for Home Depot)" quote/unquote. This wording was quite deliberate, and avoided getting into all the details while illustrating one of the brands TTI manufactures/d. Here is a link to a paper covering this, if you are interested in understanding what is a major shift in the industry:

Are you claiming that those Rigid tools are not made in South China? If so, you are quite incorrect; I have seen it with my own eyes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I liked the HF review site. I have one of those butane torches that somehow now fails to work. Damn, a waste of $2. ;-) That 2/3 of the way to a backlit DVM.

Reply to
miso

Did you post your review?

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

absolute

piece

were

No, I'm claiming that 1) Rigid is not a Chinese company (it is US company with development in Ohio). 2) Rigid is not a house brand for HomeDespot. I have no doubt they outsource manufacturing to anyone willing to do the job for the price.

Reply to
krw

I looked a few of the HF things I have. None have reviews.

Reply to
krw

Perhaps you're referring to:

^ JF

Reply to
John Fields

I had never noticed the site until a few days ago. I have no idea how long it has been on line.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=20

The Greenlee products i used worked better, and lasted many times longer than the competitors. Less labor time and lower capital long term tool costs, try that idea. That is why Greenlee is still in business.

Reply to
JosephKK

And the enclosures were breadboxes. 8:-))

Reply to
JosephKK

Not much of a stretch. In my youth, chasses were hard to come by, and expensive. You young guys have probably never seen them, but I built many a circuit in tobacco or candy tins. ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

How well does it cover the then newest microwave devices like BWOs and TWTs?

Reply to
JosephKK

Sucrets

Archimedes' Lever

That is straight forward enough, localization can easily be provided by decoding your IP address or what it resolves to with ARP and RARP.

Reply to
JosephKK