Beef extract

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Bullion tins? Wow.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The red & blue ones? The threads oxidize. Clean them up and put a drop of light oil on them, like any other flashlight and they work fine. I have two sets of them that I have used for over a year now. I bought some with clear anodize for $1 each at a flea market that work well, too. I have them scattered all over the place so I don't have far to go when i need to look inside something. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I see TTI branded tools at flea markets.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, one of mine did that too! Glad to know I'm not the only one...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I made some wood cabinets out of wood I salvaged from grape crates.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

of

Yep, kids these days are depraved on account of how they are deprived (of having to learn some of the many ways of how to make do with what is available, to get what is wanted).

Reply to
JosephKK

Someone gave me a tube AM/FM Panasonic radio in a plastic cabinet that was cracking from the heat, when I was about 13. I dismantled it, and carefully sawed the front off the damaged cabinet. Then I built a wood cabinet that held the salvaged faceplate. My family had just used some of that dark green 'antiquing' finish on an unfinished dry sink kit so I used what was left on the cabinet. I used a scrap of pegboard to make a back and ended up with a working clock radio for my bedroom. A few weeks later my mother was bragging about it to one of her friends, who decided that she wanted to buy it. I didn't want to sell it, and the $40 wasn't worth the time I spent building a custom radio but I ended up letting her take it.

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Reply to