.sch viewer

hi, any body know of a free .sch viewer ? thanks, mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

Heh. That's a good one.

JeffM

Sno-o-o-o-ort!

Anyone interested in making a name for himself would create a universal converter between all the schematic formats.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

JeffM wrote:

Jim Thomps>Sno-o-o-o-ort!

It bugs me that one of those "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" types (National Bureau of Standards?, Library of Congress?) didn't see this way back when and push for a protocol that said "If you want to send documents to the government, they must be in a standard format; one year from today we won't accept proprietary formats. Now, lets get to work on this standard format."

You pointed noted what happens when it's left to the industry:

*-*-created-by-*-*-COMMITTEE+*-*-almost-the-same-effort+they-all-think-*-they're-Microsoft+*-Software-companies-don't-want-you-*-*-*-to-translate-between-tools+zzz+*-nasty-cost+3rd-party-*+turf-battle+Pulsonix-*-*-*-*-*-EDIF

Massachusetts, California, and others are pushing for this with ODF for office-type documents.

This is the kind of shit we're actually getting from the Feds:

Brad Velander described the real problem pretty well:

*-*-*-equivalents-in-*-other-packages+Pulsonix-*-*-*-*-above-anything-else-*-*-*-*-importing+Autovue+doesn't+zzz+*-*-only-a-viewer+retrieve-data+*-*-*-limited-*-list-of-compatible-versions+*-*-exist+*-*-limitations-*-what-will-import-successfully+supports There's a tool named there as well that's probably closest to the magic tool that the OP wants.

Reply to
JeffM

Am I the only one who finds it a little odd that you can send in your taxes for free... after which they'll most likely be OCRed and fed into a computer for analysis... whereas eFiling your taxes, in most cases, costs ~$20? How is it that the option that results in less work for the government costs more for the citizen?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

A - send them in on paper. They want anything else, they should bloody well provide free access to it.

B - the IRS and/or Congress are evidently more interested in supporting tax software businesses than in providing a sane electronic access to the system. Do you smell inappropriate payoffs and palm-grease? I sure do.

C - let's wipe out the IRS and the tax software businesses in one go by _really_ reforming the tax system.

Ecnerwal

They (over)paid huge sums for consultants to create the website.. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Perhaps they are trying to fund the cost of bureaucratic retrenchment.

Reply to
JosephKK

That's why I fill mine out with software then transcribe it to paper forms manually. If they really want to read my scratching, fine.

No evidence of that. "Stupid" explains it all well enough.

Dream on...

--
Keith
Reply to

is

for

I have no problem with if people voluntarily paying more to the government.

--
Keith
Reply to