surface mount to DIP adapter.... does it exist?

My question is.... I run into a lot of really great sounding devices that don't seem to come in DIP packages, and I want to breadboard them at home in order to prototype my designs... so I was wondering if anyone knew a way around this... I was wondering if anyone knew of any adapter/converters where I could hook up for example a UMLP-10 (or MicroPak-10) device into the adapter and then plug the adapter into a regular DIP breadboard....

thanks, Joshua

Reply to
panfilero

You can make your own using scrap PCB's or buy them. It's not as hard as you might think I've done SOIC8 annd various SOT PACKAGES using a dremmel and grinder.

Hammy

Sorry wrong link heres the correct one.

Hammy

I make my own adapters at home. They only need be single sided.

Here's a big one for an R8C MCU:

And another for a CPLD:

I made a handful of little ones for this:

Scroll down to 2007-07-11 for a close-up but the photo of the whole protoboard (2007-08-09) has a couple you can pick out, including a crystal adapter in the close-up photo.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for. I can't find anything for UMLP-10 or MicroPak-10 packages, are these non-standard packages?

thanks

Reply to
panfilero

epboards m,akes a widw range for a very good price.

sdeyoreo

Those prices are insane. Bellin is a much better deal:

John

...and i still have a goodly number of those MillMax pins for others.

Reply to
Robert Baer