recommend voltage doubler ic ?

hi, any body recommend a voltage doubler ic, i need to be able to convert

12 vdc to 24 vdc @ 100 ma .


mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk
Loading thread data ...

None of the voltage doubler IC's that I've seen will provide that much current - they're intended for just a couple of milliamps. You'll most likely need to make a switch-mode DC-DC converter, or find a module (although 12v to 24v doesn't seem to be very common).


Reply to

Don't know if it helps but Powerbox make a 12v-24v dc-dc converter module that will do 100mA. They are in the Farnell catalogue but can be had cheaper direct from Powerbox (might be a MOQ though, I've only ever ordered qty from them). Available as a PCB mounted module or in a chassis with screw terminals.


Reply to

I'm with Pete - AFAIK all the doubler IC's are small current. Options are a small switcher like an MC34063, or a dedicated Kemo module if the 24V doesn't require tight regulation.

Reply to
who where

I'll say the same as the other respondents. Unless you're building thousands, just use an off-the-shelf converter module. The 'capacitor doubler' type chips are only meant for 10mA ? at most.


-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to

Actually there are quite a few switched capacitor inverters/doublers that will do over 100mA (e.g. MAX660, MAX1680), but the problem is the 24V operation.

I agree, a DC-DC converter module is the best way to go, something like this:

formatting link
(not quite there in terms of current, just an example) The OP will need to provide more info if he wants to "roll his own" DC-DC solution using a chip, too many options there.


Check out my Electronics Engineering Video Blog & Podcast:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.