remarkable opamp

???

Looks fine to me.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

torsdag den 2. august 2018 kl. 02.06.29 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

Robert seems to have an unmatched talent for making computers not work

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I agree. Sometimes I can make it more readable by moving the mouse over it... Not in this case. IT in this world is way over the top. All the education you need to be a website 'maker' (avoiding the word designer) is kindergarten, you do not even have to be able to read and write, or have any sort of vision. All you need is the latest ZombyWeb software and cut and paste what they give you.

Here in my country it is even worse now, millions of damage when people could not pay their shopping, payment pin cards no longer worked, now for the third time, Cannot log in at my cable provider, called them, send the bills per mail.. there is no end to it.

Now all we need is a big EMP, and it is all over,.

People here are talking about getting their money as cash from the banks, buying safes, so at least they can buy food if needed.

Banks blame it on hackers, but a quick check when I could not pay online revealed it was no denial of service attack at all, just bad IT. My banks statements are partially unreadable... Called them 3 month ago about it, no change.

Its over. Go cash.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Where are you? Here in California, the internet (and cable TV, and phone) service is very reliable.

At home, the cable modem needs to be power cycled once in a while, a few times per year maybe.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

He learned everything he knows from Starbuck.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Planet earth, Netherlands.

Cable modem is switched off at night normally, so I do not know. Loss of signal some years ago, they had a nice reflectometer to see where the cable was broken.

I read US will now get a 5G wireless network. Here we are still 4G, but where I am, just 3G... that makes using cable the only option.

Few years ago the banks needed to be saved with taxpayer money... Now ? abnamro Not sure who does their IT, well I did trace it a while back actually ... Bad.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

I had a visit last week from a guy from the Netherlands. I grew up in Louisiana, which is flat like the Netherlands but no windmills.

I took him hiking in Glen Canyon, and on the Harry Steps and Billy Goat Hill. Both of us flatlanders are impressed by 3D topography. People who are born here don't seem to notice.

My flip phone won't care.

The concept of a single, universal, gigabit, wireless network is cool. No more phone, cable, or any wired connections for anything.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ouch!

Reply to
krw

On the other hand, both NOLA and Holland do mud really really well. (Take it from me, I'm from Vancouver. We have mud and mountains, both.);

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

When we moved into our house here, we had to buy sacks of mud from the garden center, haul them through the house, and dump it in the back yard. It took a couple of years of that before anything would grow.

The problem in NOLA is to stop things from growing.

lunatic fringe electronics

No more security either.

I looked up the frequencies they want to use,

700 MHz, 3.5 GHz and 26 GHz?? With 26 GHz you need a transmitter on every street corner. Not sure it goes through armed concrete.

Something is planned here too in 2022 in Amsterdam?

And then there is glass fiber...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

The mud is disappearing here, we have record high temperatures, highest ever measured, measured 40.2 C last week. The rivers are low, shipping cargo via those is reduced, the water pressure is down, there is a request not to spray your garden, some grass around the house has died. The usual wild fires.

More high temperatures predicted for next weeks.

Note that nobody here has airco at home... And those are sold out now anyways.

This climate change thing will only get worse, nothing to do with human causes, more with Milankovich Cycles:

but taxing the weather pays for a lot of things.

So, up to the polar circle :-)

Africans are fleeing north and invading Europe. Average education zero, where will it go.

N America will go the same way. Then Canada. Then humanity will almost go extinct, like in previous glacial periods. Musk will take some to mars maybe. Water has been discovered there.

Compared to nature, we are just microbes.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

In that context: Severity of drought during the Maya collapse

It is all very simple.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Right, the network needs to be many small cells.

No. A house might need a hub or two. Those would be cheap at Safeway. How about a hub+smoke detector+camera for $9.95?

Too expensive to install. Air is free.

lunatic fringe electronics

Made in China I am sure ;-)

The German government just allocated a large amount of Euros to build an ultra fast glass fiber net if I am informed right. OK, google:

<698839253X6D445TD

Oops, seems they want to increase speed of the copper based network. That will likely fail, reminds me of ISDN... Maybe only fiber to the 5G towers?

Time will tell.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Yes. The last 100 meters can be RF. That makes a lot of sense. The "towers" would be small boxes on utility poles or roofs.

In our new building, we're using microwave for internet/phones/security/cameras. That will cost a small fraction of digging up the street to install fiber. The provider, MonkeyBrains, says that the RF link power margin is 170 dB. The bandwidth is symmetric and they guarantee a minimum speed, not "up to" like everyone else.

We still need two land lines for the fire system, by law.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

MonkeyBrains tested the link today. We're paying for 50Mbits/sec symmetric. The test showed 600M.

lunatic fringe electronics

Cool.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Our current business DSL runs about 25M download and 0.8 upload. That's really noticeable when sending big emails or updating Dropbox files. Even 25+25 would be a big improvement.

My cable at home runs 140+12, and costs about $100 a month with cable TV and telephone. Businesses get really ripped off.

lunatic fringe electronics