MT8341 data sheet

What is it? I have Philips' TDA8341, Analog's AD8341, TI's ADS8341, and Seiko's S-8341 datasheets.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hi. Does anyone have the data sheet for the MT8341 available? Appears to be both obsolete (expected) and not on Zarlink's site (feared).

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Yeah, there's the rub - I'm not 100% sure but it's telecom's so it's definitely not those. I *think* it's a DSP but I can't be sure. It's used in an odd-ball proprietary phone switch. It's manufactured by Zarlink for Mitel (neither give a result for the device).

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Zarlink's mt8941B, "Advanced T1/CEPT Digital Trunk PLL" -- 27 pages? OK, I have that one, it's on Zarlink's site...

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hi All,

What are the failure mechanisms of 16x2 LCD if they are over temperature too long?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards Joseph

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Yep found it. Thanks anyway; I really must just accept that the glasses will be "A Good Thing".

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I took apart on of those indoor motion sensor lights that go in place of a light switch. The device wasn't very maker-friendly, but it wasn't a great challenge to take apart and look at the circuit or the devices in it.

Anyhow, the they used a triac that was triggered by a PIR IC (on or off). The TRIAC was in a TO-220 Thermotab config with the tab screwed into the metal housing. Nice thing is that you should be able to use them to dim incadescents which was what I was trying to hack into it (abrupt on and off isn't very elegant).

I guess a triac is technically a solid-state relay(?). Forgive me if I just stated the obvious or overlooked any industrial or safety issues you had in mind.

--SR

Reply to
Robert

Sounds like true "broadband", from my reading of the not-too-technical article there isn't even a low-Q tuned tank circuit around anywhere. The transmitter just throws out an apparently arbitrary waveform into the ether. The other interpretation is discontinuous phase FSK but that wouldn't give you any advantages (just lots of clicking) would it?

If they can receive this with a "50-cent receiver" as they claim then they're doing something at least moderately clever! A GHz A/D does not come that cheap (or does it?) I don't even know from the article what band they're using, if this can be done at LF/VLF (maybe it can) then it would meet that price point.

Tim.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Wow, i though Canon's EOS-1D mk2 was impressive at 16.7 megapixals

Reply to
Robert

And that guy standing on the scaffolding must be dead.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Turns out I really need to use the glasses I paid several hundred dollars for - it's an MT8941, PLL clock recovery from T1.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks, the modems are 33.6K Multitech 2834BLK models that have been set to synchronous mode via the switches on the side and run at

9600bps.

I'll get the jumper settings on each modem sometime Monday, and we'll see what happens when source and dest wires are reversed.

Tony

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I think if you look a little closer you might find its a few microns thick in places.

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Safety shoes? Steel toe protectors?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You're lucky, Win. I was 40 when I noticed my arms getting shorter :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

That's usually what "safety shoes" means, yes. The steel toe cup is actually embedded in the leather. (I've also seen strap-on toe protectors, but they look like a Halloween costume ;-) ). I once worked at an outfit that had a HUGE factory - trains drove _through_ it, it was so big - and there was a big yellow-and-black stripe on the floor, about 4' from the door from the office area to the factory, and if you were caught on the factory side of that line without safety shoes and eye protection (approved glasses or goggles), you got fired.

ISTR I got my shoes at the equivalent of the "company store". ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They took me for an eye exam when I reported that I was seeing double while reading in bed, at 6 YO. I have a congenital amblyopia. I tested at 20-15 in my left eye, and 20-200 or so in my right eye. It's a bitch wearing glasses in second grade. (albeit, if I knew _then_ what I know _now_ ...) Anyway, right now, I have a 1.25 drug-store glasses for the computer, and a 2.00 for doing crossword puzzles in bed and on the toilet.

And I have good enough binocular vision to get a driver's license. :-)

But I fear that my eyes might be getting even lazier. Might have to go spring another ten bucks for a new pair of drug-store glasses. ;-)

And then again, of course, there's the technician visor. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The old types had a steel toecap, but plastic these days. Quite comfortable. The glasses are prescription, with side protection as well. Apparently the spec calls for the lenses to withstand being hit with something like a 3mm ball-bearing at 300mph.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to