Reflow Oven

Hi,

Any suggestions for a small reflow oven for prototyping and small production job?

I need something big enough for 12" x 12" panel and able to melt RoHS solder paste at good price?

What's good, what's don't?

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

Theres several peopple that have done this. I once found some others work online. The main problem, if I recall, is the getting the proper temperature curve. But from what I Remember the results were pretty impressive considering...

You'll need to find a way to position the ic's properly(use glue dots or whatever).

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Toaster ovens have very even heating. You want two though. One for the pre-heat ra,p up, and the reflow oven. You must transfer quickly between them.

For real, pro gear, you need to do a requirements analysis where you decide what flux and cleaning process you want, etc. The cost is VERY HIGH, which is why a lot of folks use contract mfgrs these days. If you want cheap, then the toaster ovens are the way to go.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

"Jacques St-Pierre" a écrit dans le message de news: KV6il.9710$Db2.8689@edtnps83...

See

Friendly, Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

NOT an RoHS profile. Temp too low at reflow section. Solder will not even melt, much less reflow.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

This is not exactly low cost (aprox 6000 EUR) and does 9"x12"

Pere

Reply to
oopere

Now that is a pretty nice device. If it is over $2k however, I rescind that opinion.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I take it back. With that software, It would still be a good value at up to $3k.

Not worth much if the price point is much, if any higher than that.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

production

solder