USYS10000 Laser OD monitor question.

That, or there is a "save step" that you are leaving out.

You could just do the conversion yourself, ya know. 25.4 mm/inch.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

The other day while setting up an older piece of equipment made by Zumbach (Laser OD monitor for wire lines). We had to go and change the measuring units from (MM) to (*inch) unit. Now, we only have a manual for the USYS5000C unit which is almost the same unit with different case lay out. To change this parameter a pass word is required and thus, we used the password from the 5000C model which it accepted and then allowed me to cursor over to the (*inch) parameter and set it how ever, after going back to the main display. everything shifts back into (MM) again. These units are from machines came from other facilities that were closed. We're just getting around to using some of the machines and updating them. I know before I have seen equipment with menu options before that may only pertain to use in other countries and not actually have any functionality at all. Could this be the issue here? AFter going through piles of pre loaded job runs. I noticed they are all, in (MM) spec.

Just curious.. Or maybe I need to perform a (Clear All) and set it to (*inch)before any job runs are added ?

What's your opinion?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

yeah I know, and after looking at the burn in on the screen which I had to replace. It appears that they used it in MM mode.