Byrd of WV dead at 92

-- Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Will the KKK furnish an honor guard?

John

Do politicians vie for the position of "Prince of Pork" ??

hamilton

Doesn't exist anymore. But maybe we should bring it back to round up liberals (and Californicators ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

Yep. Elected to the Senate the same year I graduated from High School... 1958

And a good start...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

I'm sure some other slimeball will step up to the postion of 'king of Pork'. :(

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hormel. he was the only one to take more pork.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
[snip]

but scary.

Barely passed 5-4. That's how close we are to communism. Live in fear that a conservative "Supreme" will die and Obama will push us over the edge. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

Check your assumptions:

There may be a local chapter near you, ready to welcome you with open arms.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

He questioned the coal industry in WV, and ended up in a casket. There you go.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Someone once said that the coal and sugar lobbies are more powerful than that of the oil industry. Looking around a convenience store convinced me of that. They make more money selling sugar containing products than they do selling gasoline.

mike

Reply to
m II

Tim Wescott wrote in news:y8WdnT0T99dLRrXRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com:

if you value the Constitution and it's principles,"liberals" aka "progressives",are the main threat to it and America.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I think that one of my Libertarian friends put it best: Democrats and Republicans may disagree on which part of the constitution doesn't matter, but they both think that parts of it should be dispensed with, and neither of them, on getting into office, drag their feet on tearing up the parts that they feel get in the way.

Do you like the second amendment but not the fourth? Vote Republican! Value the fourth and fifth amendments? Vote Democrat! Value the whole damn constitution, especially the first amendment? Vote really carefully, because you don't have many allies in Washington.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

You're nuttier than a fruitcake.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

Except that those "sugar containing products" don't.

If you want a powerful lobby, in first place is clearly the government workers (NEA included), but a close second may be the corn lobby. See above.

Reply to
krw

The corn lobby is also very predominant in the sweetener sector. They make syrups and additives of all kinds. I should have said sugar/corn lobby.

I'd like to know the full extent of ethanol influences on gasoline and food prices. The way they may be diverting food crops into fuel tanks is disturbing and we know that production and the chain of supply will follow the money. Starve or Drive?

As for the Government workers, well, that can be a real rats' nest.

It's reminiscent of an interview with one of the churchmen in Rome. A reporter asked him 'How many people work here in the Vatican?". The Bishop replied "About half of them.".

mike

Reply to
m II

We know which side of that fence you're on.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Tim Wescott wrote in news:JYidnWZG0- yHi7TRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com:

DemocRATs are pro-5th amendment ?? Hardly. They're the ones who select SCOTUS "justices" that brought us the Kelo ruling. They are the ones who select SCOTUS "justices" that believe in a "living Constitution" that is interpreted differently depending on popular opinion of the time,instead of WRITTEN LAW,the basis for the Constitution. If you value the Constitution,you don't vote for people who select such judges.

DemocRATs are the party of Michael Moore and George Soros,the Party of "progressives" that are actually communists bent on destroying the Constitution,when not simply ignoring it. DemocRATs are the ones who believe in a World Government,in UN supremacy,subjugating the US to "International Law" coming from a corrupt and biased UN.

the worst Republicans are the ones who are RINOs,who lean "liberal". Like McCain.

I believe you may be willfully blind.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Naaaah! Now be fair. Tim is simply willfully ignorant ;-)

How'd you like that J.P. Stevens diatribe on "guns are bad", never mind what the Constitution says :-( ...Jim Thompson

Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in
       politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

up

The Constitution's a control system, brilliant, with various feedbacks designed to keep government from railing. The designed feedbacks have been defeated, and that's a BIG problem. The whole original architecture was redundant, granular powers (the States), and self- governing (as in "self-limiting," as well as the other sense) and we've subverted that.

You could say we've gone from an interactive "personal computer model" of government to a batch-processing "mainframe model." Economically that fails, inherently.

le

Amen on the "not many allies"--we're working on fixing that.

But as to the amendments, the current administration is after all of them.

The 4th says you have the right to be secure in your papers and effects, just not your medical records any more. The 5th says we can't deprive BP of their property without due process of law, yet we just did. The 1st says you have the right to free speech, but the House just passed HR-5175 (the DISCLOSE Act), which is particularly designed to silence the TEA Party movement.

Really, despite the label, I don't think of these guys in power as Democrats--they're something new. Something scary.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat