Re: OT: Q on MS Nerd

When you drag-and-drop a picture into Word, if it doesn't like where

> you want to put it, it puts it wherever it prefers, even if it's 15 > pages away.

Wow, sounds like LaTeX!

:-)

(Just kidding, I know you can force LaTeX to put images where you want them, it's just by default it'll try to be "smart" and move them around...)

Who wrote this garbage?

A lot of the problems with modern word processors are manifestations of the the two competing philosophies of, "worrying about page layout is an entirely different aspect of authorship than simply writing the information and these processes should be forcibly separated" vs. "WYSIWYG -- write and format as you go."

Reply to
Joel Kolstad