sounds

hello to everyone,

im a newbie in using spartan 3e kit...Is it possible for the spartan

3e kit to store an audio sounds like wav file or mp3 file?
Reply to
carlmorada

Let size of wav/mp3 file = x

Let available RAM on spartan 3e kit = y

if y >= x then yes, else no

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

Let size of FLASH = Z

if y >=x or y>= Z then yes, else no ...

I actually, turned a spartan 3e sample kit (the freebee one) into a sample player used in an old car a mate tool on a cross europe car rally.

About 30 samples were stored in 8 bit mono 22K in the flash (several minuites in total if I rememer correctly), and a phase accumulator used to play them at different pitches controlled by some dash mounted switches. A delta-sigma DAC inside the FPGA used an external resistor/cap filter feeding an integrated amp/horn speaker. job done.... /MikeJ

MikeJ