Re: Oh my Gawd! Carly!

On Tue, 6 May 2008 06:31:00 -0700 (PDT), MooseFET

[.....]

>I didn't mean that the economy "provided" without you working. I

> >meant that it gave you the chance. Without the healthy economy, you > >wouldn't have been able to get the job. > > WTF? Suddenly you admit that at least some of it may have been my > effort?

So long as you don't claim all of it was your effort, I have made my point about others haing created the advanage for you.

Now let's get to the root, way too many of today's kids will > not put any effort into getting an education.

but....but....but people have been saying that forever. There is no evidence of a long term decline. Every generation thinks the next is lazy.

How old is the song "kids what's the matter with kids these days"?

There are lazy people in every generation. They are obvious because they stand out. The ones who are busily getting an education are too busy to be at the mall etc so you don't get to see them.

Reply to
MooseFET

Will you please explain how someone else can put feelings, opinions, data, facts, knowledge, understanding into my mind without my active cooperation / work? The provision opportunity is not to be confused with putting forth the effort to make something of it.

No they have not. It has appeared on and off over millennia. You do not like the fact that is true so you deny it.

Yes there is. it is evidenced in the longtime decline of various test scores.

False again, see second above.

Actually it is the industrious ones today that made uncomfortable.

Reply to
JosephKK

You were doing the inverse in your claims earlier. Not you admit that the environment was created by others so I don't have any further disagreement with you in this area.

Please state the period that lasted more than 24 hours when the older folks didn't complain about the yonger ones. You have made a claim of something being a "fact" that I firmly believe to be false. This is not denial it is disputing your claim.

Reply to
MooseFET

Simply because an opportunity exists, normally does not mean that any success can occur without considerable input from self. Think it through.

I do not think so. You are / have been disparaging all the work i did to get where i am. If i had not busted my hump i could not have gotten where i am today. Others seem to think it should "just come to them". It will not.

Reply to
JosephKK

I have.

You were denying my point so I was pounding on you. Now that you have accepted the point, that others created the environment in which you had the success, I won't continue to pound but do remember that there are others in the world that could not have gotten the result you did because they were unlucky in where they were born.

There are many more who are very willing to work for what they will get.

Reply to
MooseFET

Not really. I was pointing out its irrelevance to the actual disagreement. Besides, what point do you think you had?

I have been watching for many years at what i might consider hiring. I will stand by my experience.

Reply to
JosephKK

[....]

The point was that you were making claims based on your experience in our current economy and trying to claim that they applied to a very different situation.

And I by mine and the history. I note that you have not stated a date for when the older generation did not think the yonger one was lazy.

Reply to
MooseFET