A high power RF LDMOS transistor

This transistor looks interesting:

-- Subject: Spelling Lesson

The last four letters in American.........I Can The last four letters in Republican.......I Can The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats

End of lesson. Test to follow in November, 2016

Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Given the high advertised power levels, 1.5kW, the low 50V maximum voltage rating is an issue. That'll be a high impedance ratio to 50 ohms.

BTW, November is Trump extermination month.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Can't we move it forward? Tuck Frump!

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Only $300 a piece, what a bargain :)

Our radio club is selling off TV transmitter modules based on this (lesser but similar) chip. The boards test out ok, but relied on large water-cooled heat-sinks. 200MHz and 500W out at 50Vds (but broadband; they work fine at 144MHz):

The data sheet shows schematics for 108MHz, and I can show photos of the boards we have here. The output from the drains is clearly *very* low impedance, so you might like to see the matching circuit and layout.

They run in class AB, so very high power consumption. The pre-amp is similar, based on an MRF182 (30W), which drives six PA modules. The MRF182 stage is also class AB, dissipating 60W quiescent, and in turn is driven by an MHL8118 (1W out, and also very inefficient).

The set of six output stages with the two pre-amps puts out 960W RMS continuous, based on a scary 50V 120A supply direct from 415V three-phase.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Wow! That *is* impressive. As will be Trump's landslide victory come November. >:->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

As will the clouds of pigs flying overhead, each with its own orange toupee.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The expected response from a senior member of the leftist elite. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

| 1962 |

DEMOCRAT

The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters, and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers

Well I'm not one of those and I think he's crap. He's just not as bad as the other piece of crap.

The fact that we are unable to pick from among the best people because they don't even bother running, and we can't even pick the best of those that do run, makes me feel almost as bad as I would if my country was destroyed or conquered. It's just a lesser form of catastrophe because it only gets worse.

The real problem is that democracy doesn't work. There might be no better way to protect freedom, but that doesn't mean it works.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

We seriously need a shake-up and toss out some _career_ politicians, otherwise we're headed to a dictatorship... which we'll have by the end of Queen Hillary's reign :-( ...Jim Thompson

                             DEMOCRAT

      The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters,
                        and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers

But who's going to toss them out? The same idiot voters who put them in? They complain about who's in office with a downright weird unawareness of how they got into office. They are simply too stupid to pick the good from the bad. They are too stupid even to realize that they are in charge, and that they are at fault for everything they complain about.

Yes, it's apparent from events of recent years that they only stopped saying "pigs" for the same reason they stopped saying "groovy".

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Throw the current bums out and replace them with new bums. Sounds good to me (they will always be bums). Just think about it as "term limits", without the Constitutional problems.

Except they didn't stop saying "pigs". Certainly you've heard the Democrats war chant; "Pigs in a blanket - fry 'em like bacon."

Reply to
krw

When only land-owners voted they didn't elect bums. They elected the best people, which should be the obvious thing to do, but it's not obvious to the average dope.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Do you really think Iowa farmers will vote against corn subsidies?

Reply to
krw

The best possible outcome is that Hillary is elected and then falls over again within two months, but doesn't get up this time.

Of course it would be better if Mike Pence became president but Trump is as unlikely to drop dead soon as he is to get elected.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

But he will have a target on his back. Pence isn't good life insurance.

Reply to
krw

No, but I think they wouldn't have enough voting power without the support for corn subsidies that comes from other voting blocks. And each farm would account for only one vote or maybe two.

But you are just reinforcing my point that the people are responsible for the problems they complain about. "Throw all the bums out" is the eternal cry of those too lazy and stupid to learn which ones are bums and which aren't.

The "Rock the Vote" campaign probably encouraged a lot more stupid people to vote for the first time. Maybe a campaign that says "Please don't vote if you are an idiot" would encourage at least a few of them to abstain. Every bit can help.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Unlike Dan Quayle. Although Quayle was more likely anti-impeachment insurance.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

NXP bought out the Freescale LDMOS line and then sold their line to a chinese company called Ampleon. Freescale makes great LDMOS parts and now NXP owns them.

Reply to
djlocher56

As James Arthur will tell you, the USA isn't a democracy, but a federal rep ublic. The US constitution is antiquated, and seems to have been designed t o let the people who own the country run the country behind a thin veneer o f pseudo-democracy. As Ken Livingstone famously observed, if voting could c hange anything, it wouldn't be happening.

Most advanced industrial countries have constitutions that were put togethe r after the US constitution had been more or less working for long enough t o make it's defects obvious, and were explicitly designed to avoid some of them.

The idea that single member constituencies is a good way to divide up repre sentation does seem to be one of the weaknesses of the more antiquated cons titutions - proportional representation does seem to work better.

France has stuck with the executive president idea - entirely because de Ga ulle fancied the role for himself. Everybody else makes the head of governm ent a figure head, and puts supreme political power in the hands of a prime minster who can be voted out of office the moment they lose the confidence of the lower house.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Exactly how does limiting voting to land-owners turn off the money machine?

Now, you're not making any sense. I only have one vote. The problem is that "vote the bums out" isn't universal. Too many rent-seekers.

But they can't get free shit, then. No different than the Iowa farmers. Well, except that Iowa farmers actually contribute to society.

Reply to
krw