Re: Liability & responsibility of electrician?

John E. wrote:

> [...]

does do

the job for less than the licensed guys with liability insurance. > >Now your friend that was shopping for a free lunch now wants his evening meal

paid for.

>We don't know the voltage it was running at prior to the move, we don't know the >variability of the supply voltage where it is now. > >The handyman wired it to the disconnect. Made sure there was power to that

point.

>Somewhere after that the machine was powered up. I'm going to assume for the

sake of

argument that the handyman got the shop owner or the owners designee to do it.

I don't

know any compenent electricans or for that matter decent handymen that will

turn on a

complex piece of equipment on their own. > >So the owner or designee that has the manuals and such for the machine and

should be the

most knowledgeable person in the room is the one that is at fault. > >Wes

You're an idiot. That is like saying that if you hire an electrician to run 245Volts to your 120 volt microwave oven, he'll do it, and will not be at fault for doing something against the rules.

High power devices should never, repeat NEVER be hooked up merely "to the disconnect". It should ALWAYS be examined for its POWER panel connections to insure against improper attachment. PERIOD!

Goddamned cross posting retards! < reference to the OP.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt