Re: Liability & responsibility of electrician?

>>I have been asked to offer an opinion in a sensitive situation.

If it were wired to an outlet, I would agree.

A hard wired machine power run, however, should also include insuring that the machine you are hooking up is at least set properly for the voltage you are going to be bringing live on it. As you will have the panel for it open, you should make yourself aware of any voltage taps, so that you don't hook up say a 5% under voltage tap to a 5% or more overvoltage feed.

Any electrician that is a mere, dumb, brain dead wire terminator should be looking toward an industry where his mistakes have less of a catastrophic downside. If you do not take the time to at least examine what you are hooking up, you have no business in the industry.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt